New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Resina said:

Hi Everyone

Will there be another group buy for the "TBR headers"? or can anyone let me know how can I order ones?
I currently have stock 98 catless headers, with a high mounted 450mm delkevic silencer with custom corners.

Many Thanks for your help 😃

Yes, we are taking orders now and have at least 3 confirmed on the list. You can add your name to it if you like. I will be sending you a PM shortly with ordering details.

• Member Contributer
On 5/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, HighSideNZ said:

As my bike is a Gen6 with Gen5 engine, my cooler is in the original position.

I didn't need to do anything with it apart from making up new lines and I used AeroQuip type fittings and braided hose.

Thanks. I was thinking of squeezing the 8th gens oil cooler in but I'm not sure there's going to be enough space, still need to place everything and figure out the hose and line routing.

• Member Contributer

Just to give an update. We currently have a new list going and are at the minimum number we need, just waiting on confirmation of the deposits. Most likely we will be there to move forward within the next week or so. If you are thinking about getting a set, now would be the time to chime in. Send me (Duc2V4) and sfdownhill a PM and we can get you sorted out.

Cheers,

D

I thought I'd add pricing here just to make it easy.

Headers: $830.00

Passivation: $90.00

Gaskets: $20.00 (set of 4)

PC Map: $50.00

Shipping: TBD (Based on your location) Prices range from $50-$90 within the lower 48.

• Like 2

What percentage of previous buyer's had their headers passivated?  I am curious if this is worth it - my initial reaction is that if Wade is using quality 304 SS it shouldn't be necessary.  Plus, most of the headers are covered by the fairings.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, dbandler said:

What percentage of previous buyer's had their headers passivated?  I am curious if this is worth it - my initial reaction is that if Wade is using quality 304 SS it shouldn't be necessary.  Plus, most of the headers are covered by the fairings.

I think all but one asked for no pasivation, maybe 2... The passivation is more for "curing" the welds than for protecting the actual whole headers. I believe that sfdownhill had posted what the actual process entails somewhere here on this thread.

• Member Contributer
On 4/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, TheLimey said:

All passivation does is acid etch the surface to restore the chrome oxide layer that's destroyed by the heat of welding, which is what gives stainless steel its high corrosion resistance. It's perfectly normal for the tubing to discolour a little after a few heat cycles.

The passivation is only to stop the headers from rusting at the welds. 

Just refreshing this info into the thread...

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

A tip for those clamp springs, get some heat shrink colour of your choice & slide over the springs. It keeps the exhaust free of marks & rust from the springs, they will rust.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I was one of those who asked for passivation. After watching the original headers turn to rust I decided to go all out to try to prevent any rusting.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Akrapovic sells their springs in two different sizes, eliminates the rattling noise, don't rust, and they look the shit. On my two Bros, it uses all long and one or two of the shorter springs

image.png.d645ec24fcd9b2cf00b4561e0c1fd6f8.png

• Member Contributer

I just joined the forum after picking up a nice 5th Gen earlier this week. It has a Kerker can on it but it's otherwise stock. I am interested in getting in on this group buy if it is still open, pending shipping costs to Canada.

I finally received my headers!!! They look really nice!!! I am looking forward to fit them... 

Thank you Daryl and Lance

20200601_152542.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Not sure if this info was ever posted and since we did receive an inquiry regarding weight, here is what I was able to gather using a luggage scale. Not sure of the accuracy i.e. +/- X% but seems to be pretty good for shipping stuff. Anyway, here are some weights I gathered.

Replica Headers: 9.42 lbs.

1999 OEM Headers: 10.56 lbs.

2009 OEM Headers: 13.94 lbs.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 5/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, ducnut said:

Turning a beautiful golden hue. 

98BC4729-4809-406C-BA04-8268740814F2.jpeg

17A19337-242D-4F4F-8FF8-D3A8973699B4.jpeg

Did you use any gasket goop in those J pipe connections?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, flya750 said:

Did you use any gasket goop in those J pipe connections?

A very light ring around the female side of the joint, using a cotton swab. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Not sure if this info was ever posted and since we did receive an inquiry regarding weight, here is what I was able to gather using a luggage scale. Not sure of the accuracy i.e. +/- X% but seems to be pretty good for shipping stuff. Anyway, here are some weights I gathered.

Replica Headers: 9.42 lbs.

1999 OEM Headers: 10.56 lbs.

2009 OEM Headers: 13.94 lbs.

And you can definitely feel the difference the weight reduction makes to the suspension for the 6g

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hi all, rather than read thru all 34 pages (!!) - can anyone remind me how the O2 bung should be plugged if we're not running a sensor. I seem to recall there was a plug of a specific size.......

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jim v said:

Hi all, rather than read thru all 34 pages (!!) - can anyone remind me how the O2 bung should be plugged if we're not running a sensor. I seem to recall there was a plug of a specific size.......

M18. 

What I used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL-O2-Oxygen-Sensor-PLUG-CAP-M18x1-5MM-HEX-Bung/352107259753

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

OK folks, getting near go time, we are one deposit away from making this happen, if you're sitting on the fence or know someone who might want in, please step up and join the fray!

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

OK folks, getting near go time, we are one deposit away from making this happen, if you're sitting on the fence or know someone who might want in, please step up and join the fray!

Just curious... how many sets of W.i.L.D Headers have been produced so far?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Just curious... how many sets of W.i.L.D Headers have been produced so far?

According to my spread sheets a total of 61, 26 for the first run and 35 for second run, the latter of which had 8 Gen and 5/6 Gens.

• Like 3