New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer

Wow Ducnut they look extremely sexy, love the satin sheets, your're making want to snuggle up to them!! Seriously, they are a great looking bit of kit. I'm sure they will be great on the bike.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Wow how cool to read this thread,. So nice to see this project turn out like it was suppose too.  Yes,  I tip My hat to Lance and Daryl staying the coarse,  this in its self was a major to do as I knew all to well.  Great job guys.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 4/2/2020 at 7:06 PM, RVFR said:

Wow how cool to read this thread,. So nice to see this project turn out like it was suppose too.  Yes,  I tip My hat to Lance and Daryl staying the coarse,  this in its self was a major to do as I knew all to well.  Great job guys.

Thanks Jay! It’s been awesome to learn so much about the machines our community loves and get a much-wanted component out to the guys. Wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t been gracious enough to let me ride your wonderfully harmonized 5 gen with its headers and a fantastic tune by Mike Velasco.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:11 PM, NarrowRider said:

Put me down for one for 6th gen header please

On 3/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, Flabashaba said:

New member here that has read lots and is excited by the idea of getting a set of these headers for my 2007 6th gen. I'd like to keep my centerstand and upgrade from a stock ECU to a Power Commander, probably just downloading a map. I'm running gutted stock pipes and have done the pair/flapper mods. I'd love to here from whomever is taking orders, woo-hoo Trump bucks

Anyone else need a centerstand stop? I've got 3 total interested so far, unless I missed someone. I can do them for $50 each shipped in the lower 48, or $42 plus actual cost to points globally.

I'll try to make a couple extra anyway, but times are tight so I can't sit on a bunch of inventory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, SEBSPEED said:

Anyone else need a centerstand stop? I've got 3 total interested so far, unless I missed someone. I can do them for $50 each shipped in the lower 48, or $42 plus actual cost to points globally.

I'll try to make a couple extra anyway, but times are tight so I can't sit on a bunch of inventory.

Yes - if it will (or can be made to) work for a 5th gen. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

Hey Seb,

I hope you and your family are safe and well !

I’ll take one.  Thanks Man!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

:woohoo:                  

968153141_specialdelivery.thumb.jpg.b069a6ed45ce43cd8e24f4bcfd2eda3e.jpg74101671_openup.thumb.jpg.86ea85f83ab511602e976aa2f9dff1fb.jpgpop.thumb.jpg.96ac4890ee79b8432cb68517aca398fe.jpg

:wub:

1215492918_hellothere.thumb.jpg.77c2df72176d4c4e6b1c4155ff8b5705.jpg

😆 Oh yeah baby

Thanks guys and all involved     

VFRD 

• Like 2

I got mine a week ago.   I can't wait to fire her up.   Just plugged in the PC3.   So, late posting that I received it.  Awesome quality!  Very happy!  More to come!  Thanks to the whole team!   Installed yesterday minus muffler and 2 forward bungs.  Need crush washers and waiting on 8 spoke goldie rear rim.   Right side rear pipe was very close to swingarm!   Had to space it away and re-tighten it.   Rear nuts were easy to access with long 1/4" drive.  It's skinnier than a 3/8" drive.

676733071_headers1.jpg.648ce7d7f70352dedbb27d524b58ee75.jpg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

I couldn't help myself, I had to fire it up without the mufflers 😨

20200408_vfr headers.jpg

This post is worthless without video/sound file :goofy:

• Member Contributer

😀Yep, getting that this afternoon , by the time I took pic it was getting a bit late to keep her running last night :musik20:

13 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

20200408_vfr headers.jpg

Geez...look at you go. I received mine last September, and still haven't even opened the box! To be fair, though, we'd just moved into our new home, and aside from general unpacking, I've been making my shed "project ready", before i start working on the VFR...won't be long now!

• Member Contributer

Weeeelll, I've been going over the procedures and how toos - probably like the rest of us though - for a little bit now😉 so I thought I'd get into it.

A couple of the harder install points were getting the o2 sensors out (tight) and clocking the flanges and getting the nuts started on the rears.

Good luck with yours👍

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

20200408_vfr headers.jpg

Looks great - love the grey with gold wheels, boOZZIE!

I've fired one up without mufflers...sounds like an NHRA dragster...

• Like 1

743137297_headersinstalled.jpg.16e2763068e2a88a3ecc65d1e0bb676b.jpg

Headers installed, bungs capped, sleeve installed into TBR muffler inlet, PC3 connected!   Waiting on 8 spoke rear so I can install the can.  Like the Battle Factory rearsets??

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, eyrwbvfr said:

743137297_headersinstalled.jpg.16e2763068e2a88a3ecc65d1e0bb676b.jpg

Headers installed, bungs capped, sleeve installed into TBR muffler inlet, PC3 connected!   Waiting on 8 spoke rear so I can install the can.  Like the Battle Factory rearsets??

Might I ask where you souced the plugs for the O2 bungs?

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

Is there any need to re-install the heat shield (moded) on rear set?    No hot foot or brake line?

o2 bung - there's a EFI shop near me and they stock em, maybe see if uv got a local shop

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, MBrane said:

1 hour ago, eyrwbvfr said:

Same.  Amazon.  M18x1.5.   Hex key drive looks cleaner than hex nut.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HR155A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are these bung plugs short enough where they don't extend into the exhaust stream?

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, boOZZIE said:

Is there any need to re-install the heat shield (moded) on rear set?    No hot foot or brake line?

I've been running my VFR for a while now without a heat shield and even with the stock headers on, I can feel the heat through my boot. It's fine while you're on the move, but does tend to get a little toasty when you're sat at the lights. I wouldn't want to ride it without boots and leathers on.

• Member Contributer
48 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Are these bung plugs short enough where they don't extend into the exhaust stream?

He said bung. hehehhe

Seriously yes they're fine.

• Like 1