New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer

Well PMs with tracking numbers have been sent out to all those expecting a header or headers. Please PM me if you were expecting a PM with a tracking number but did not receive it.

CHEERS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Member Contributer
On 3/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, Duc2V4 said:

Well PMs with tracking numbers have been sent out to all those expecting a header or headers. Please PM me if you were expecting a PM with a tracking number but did not receive it.

CHEERS!

Look what BEAUTIFUL curves showed up at my house today!

Box and contents arrived immaculate... thank you for taking such good care packing up my 5th gen goodies.  I think these will become family heirlooms to be cherished by my descendants for generations!

Lance and Darryl you guys ROCK!!!

1634181264_VFR8005thGenHeadersArrived.thumb.JPG.306bc2128f0de1a88e210d84a403256a.JPG

• Like 8

• Member Contributer

Wow! sounds like quite a few of you have received your goods already. Have to say I got scolded the other day on Facebook when I posted about these being done and that I was helping get them boxed up. I was accused of being HIGHLY irresponsible for even leaving the house, let alone meeting up with someone. Apparently me shipping out "crappy" headers (the term they used) was a higher priority to me than the safety and well being of others. I retorted in my usual sarcastic tone but had to put on a serious face and explain the entire situation.  It probably didn't help that I had said I ignored the "stay at home order". Which at the time was, you can go outside and walk/walk your dog, visit public places but no gatherings of more than 10 or more, maintain good distance and cleanliness discipline. All of which were complied with. Heck, I even brought my own packing tools (tape gun, gloves, etc.) so that SFDownhill and I would not cross contaminate. This was in addition to keeping 6 feet or more away from each other as well as being outdoors!

Anyway, not a big deal, no one was harmed in this venture, everyone is getting their stuff and best of all I can now relax and know that I made some VFR folks very happy! I will add I did have a similar post here to the one I had on FB but decided to delete it, I'd rather not make any "enemies" on a world class top notch forum!

Cheers,

D

• Like 7

• Member Contributer

Mine arrived yesterday safe and sound. I've just gotta make myself a link pipe now. I might have to sit on the bike and make engine noises in the meantime. 

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

😍Oooh that box and those curves, you're such a tease

Never mind i can wait😆

Said the Bishop to the actress...

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
On 3/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, sfdownhill said:

Wow who is this "Vfr800witdawaffle" user? I don't find them as a member? I'd like to find out more about his install?

On 3/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, sfdownhill said:

Update - the current production run of headers has been completed! Wade is finishing off by adding the last few bungs, and we will head up to his shop to pick them up next Monday, then drop them off at the passivators.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and support.

Cogswell - thanks for the excellent weight comparison.

Those of us who have installed the new headers have all been reveling in the throttle response and torque - here’s a quote from VFRD member Vfr800witdawaffle after he installed his 8 gen headers:

”So guys....I rode the bike today with the new headers and my lord!!! My bike is literally scary now. I feel like I have to hold onto the bars for dear life as this demon of a bike growls and propels me forward with the speed of a space X rocket. Traction control constantly kicks in if I try to gun it in first and second gear. Now I have trouble trying to accelerate in 1st and second. Also I don’t have the rapid bike module yet and it’s running super rich but It might have adjusted. When I first started the bike a whole bunch of I unburnt fuel was spraying out the headers for a little and then it calmed down. I’m also running it straight piped right now but I’m going to buy the module before I ride it again so I don’t mess the engine up. Thank you guys so much for being the ones that made this all happen!”

Rock on Vfr800witdawaffle!

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, flya750 said:

Wow who is this "Vfr800witdawaffle" user? I don't find them as a member? I'd like to find out more about his install?

Hey Flya - Vfr800witdawaffle is here...I just started a new PM and for recipient typed in vfr800wi and before I got to ‘waffle’ his username popped right up. Let me know if you have further difficulties tracking him down and I’ll see if I can get the two of you connected.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Wow! sounds like quite a few of you have received your goods already. Have to say I got scolded the other day on Facebook when I posted about these being done and that I was helping get them boxed up. I was accused of being HIGHLY irresponsible for even leaving the house, let alone meeting up with someone. Apparently me shipping out "crappy" headers (the term they used) was a higher priority to me than the safety and well being of others. I retorted in my usual sarcastic tone but had to put on a serious face and explain the entire situation.  It probably didn't help that I had said I ignored the "stay at home order". Which at the time was, you can go outside and walk/walk your dog, visit public places but no gatherings of more than 10 or more, maintain good distance and cleanliness discipline. All of which were complied with. Heck, I even brought my own packing tools (tape gun, gloves, etc.) so that SFDownhill and I would not cross contaminate. This was in addition to keeping 6 feet or more away from each other as well as being outdoors!

Anyway, not a big deal, no one was harmed in this venture, everyone is getting their stuff and best of all I can now relax and know that I made some VFR folks very happy! I will add I did have a similar post here to the one I had on FB but decided to delete it, I'd rather not make any "enemies" on a world class top notch forum!

Cheers,

D

Rest assured that after unpacking and spending way to much time stroking those beautiful pipes, I washed my hands.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, OSoAmazin said:

Miss Nosy was anxious to see what Santa brought in March! The adventure is about to begin!

That is hilarious - it really does look like your 6 gen is peering curiously into the header box!

If there is a member here by the name of Beau Sampson, can her please send me a PM? It seems that your headers have mistakenly sent to my MyUS account, and they are querying it (as the ultimate destination address isn't recognised).

Naturally, I'm happy to receive a second set, but thought I'd "do the right thing" by letting you know where they are. Let me know if you no longer require them... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, EX-XX said:

If there is a member here by the name of Beau Sampson, can her please send me a PM? It seems that your headers have mistakenly sent to my MyUS account, and they are querying it (as the ultimate destination address isn't recognised).

Naturally, I'm happy to receive a second set, but thought I'd "do the right thing" by letting you know where they are. Let me know if you no longer require them... 😉

Have done, hey I'm happy for you to pay my shipping fees. Keep the mailing address as is. 😆

• Member Contributer
On 3/28/2020 at 4:50 PM, EX-XX said:

That was my fault, the FedEx web site auto-filled your address in and I thought I had double checked before clicking the "ship" button. Sorry guys, I'll try better next time!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

That was my fault, the FedEx web site auto-filled your address in and I thought I had double checked before clicking the "ship" button. Sorry guys, I'll try better next time!

No worries. Just got a bit of a surprise when I received an email from MyUS about a second headers.

I had something of a "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" moment when reading it...

*Internal dialogue"

"Hey, I might get a second set of the you beaut VFRD Headers...Excellent!"

"But they actually belong to someone else, who's paid good money for them, so you need to the right thing and let them know...Bogus!"

😆

All turned out in the end, though, so all is good.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, ducnut said:

This is what I have going on with my header. Polish up!

E1842CC6-F1C2-498A-BE11-131DE8B5BCDE.jpeg

7243C64D-0FC3-4435-A75E-E0FF3CCF21D3.jpeg

2AB4DD3C-2314-490A-A786-404CC774AFC2.jpeg

Wondering how you're doing that - do you have a dedicated bench mounted polishing setup? 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
13 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Wondering how you're doing that - do you have a dedicated bench mounted polishing setup? 

Pedestal-mounted. But, yes, a dedicated buffer. 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Maritan said:

I just recently lucked into a 2014 VFR800 and am working on customizing it. @sfdownhill - I  sent you a PM regarding headers for the 8th gen. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Maritan - got your PM and thanks for your interest. I’m writing from my phone just now, so I don’t have the dyno charts you requested, but will attach them to a PM when I get back to my laptop tonight.

My subjective opinion is that the 8 gen benefits  from the headers the most; more than 5 gen or 6 gen. This is due to the symbiosis between Honda redesigning the 8 gen’s cams to beef up the midrange and the headers’ increased breathing capacity. The resulting 16% increase in horsepower and torque at 7000rpm is a fun kick in the pants.

In short, we are between production runs and sold out of 8 gen headers at the moment - sorry the timing is off for your project. We will be gathering orders for another production run as folks chime in for more headers. Wade the builder will do a production run when we have six committed orders, so the entry point is more easily reached than the previous minimum of fifteen orders.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, ducnut said:

Looking great Ducnut!

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, ducnut said:

E1842CC6-F1C2-498A-BE11-131DE8B5BCDE.jpeg

7243C64D-0FC3-4435-A75E-E0FF3CCF21D3.jpeg

2AB4DD3C-2314-490A-A786-404CC774AFC2.jpeg

And will they change color with a heat cycle now?