New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

I'm still interested in the tune for the 6th gen. There was some talk about does one of it being available for sale but I haven't heard anything about it since. Is this still a thing or no?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Neo2122 said:

I'm still interested in the tune for the 6th gen. There was some talk about does one of it being available for sale but I haven't heard anything about it since. Is this still a thing or no?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

PM sent

• Member Contributer

Hi Guys!

I have read this whole thread and I don’t recall if it is stated... what type of stainless steel is used in the construction of the headers?  Is it 304, 314, 409, 430, etc.?  I was thinking of having them electropolished and the metal finisher needs to know which stainless steel alloy is used.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Hi Guys!

I have read this whole thread and I don’t recall if it is stated... what type of stainless steel is used in the construction of the headers?  Is it 304, 314, 409, 430, etc.?  I was thinking of having them electropolished and the metal finisher needs to know which stainless steel alloy is used.

Thanks!

This was in the first post of the thread.   I had probably read through this whole thing 3 times before I noticed it - lots of info to digest. 

*Some dimensions, features, and specifications of the header will be taken from the TBR.
The new header will incorporate the following specifications from the original TBR header design:
-header construction will be from   18 gauge 304 stainless steel tubing,   [0.049"/1.24mm wall thickness]
-header will have 38mm od primary tubes [1.5" od]
-header will have 41.5mm od secondary tubes [1 5/8" od]
-header will have 51mm od collector tubing [2" od]
-header's rear primary tube junctions will be fastened by spring tension fittings
-header's left front and left rear primary tubes will merge
-header's right front and right rear primary tubes will merge
-header will have no crossover of front or rear primary tubes
-header's collector exit tube will have a 51mm od [See Note c below]
-header's tubing will be mandrel bent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Hi Guys,

Any update or possible ETA on next available lot of headers? Do we need to obtain additional orders?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Hi Guys,

Any update or possible ETA on next available lot of headers? Do we need to obtain additional orders?

Thanks!

Based on the current orders taken, I think we just made the minimum. SF and I are going to pow wow tomorrow and make sure we have everyone’s deposit accounted for and ensure we have everyone’s order covered. We’ll be posting up a summary to show who we have received deposits from and what they placed an order for.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, TheLimey said:

PM'd SF on Saturday and have yet to hear back.

SF and I are going to go over all the PMs and deposits tomorrow, please add me to your PM so I am part of the correspondence.

Cheers,

D

• Thanks 2

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

Here is list of the 8 Gen folks that have deposits and should be expecting balance due notices this week.  There are a total of 9 sold and leaves us with 6 still available for sale.

• Sebspeed QTY.1
  • Corner Carver QTY. 2
  • Fz6wja QTY. 1
  • Voided76 QTY. 1
  • HiSideNZ QTY.1
  • Wingate QTY. 1
  • Cogswell QTY. 1
  • Rush2112 QTY. 1
  • mountainslide QTY. 1 (added 11/3/19)

Here is a list of the 5/6 Gen folks that have deposits. We did hit the minimum so we should be able to get these into Wade for building.

• eyrwbvfr 5 Gen QTY. 1
  • urdrvideo 5 Gen QTY. 1
  • urdrvideo 6 Gen QTY. 1 (added 10/30/19)
  • Cogswell 6 Gen QTY. 1
  • Rush2112 5 Gen QTY. 1
  • boOZZIE 6 Gen QTY. 1
  • johnpon 5 Gen QTY. 1
  • ducnut 5 Gen QTY. 1
  • TheLimey 6 Gen QTY. 1 (corrected)
  • jkboyd 5 Gen QTY. 1 (corrected)
  • PetoRC 6 Gen QTY. 1
  • NarrowRider 6 Gen QTY. 1 (added 11/3/19)

If you see your name listed here but the info is incorrect, please PM me and sfdownhill ASAP.

NOTE: We are still taking deposits up until the end of this week, so if you want add your name to the list please send us a PM with with Gen you want built, if you want it passivated and where it will ship to.

Cheers,

D

• Thanks 4

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, eyrwbvfr said:

What is being assembled as far as O2 bungs?    Is there options we need to decide on?   I know the question was asked but I can't remember the answer to it.

If I recall correctly, the 5/6 Gens will have 3 bungs, 2 in the OEM locations and 1 after the collector. The builder decided it would be easier and more effective time wise just to build them all the same. SF will have to chime to confirm but I believe the 8 Gen will have 1 in the OEM location with the same bung size (12mm) and 1 18mm located post collector. 

• Member Contributer

Jozef - our favorite dyno technician in the world and head of tuning at Attack Performance - has provided the maps he built on the dyno for:

5 gen VFR800 tuned with Power Commander 3

6 gen VFR800 tuned with Power Commander 5

8 gen VFR800 tuned with Power Commander 5

These maps will work well on any 5th, 6th, or 8th gen VFR800 with the new performance headers, a good quality hi-flow air filter [We prefer the K&N HA-8098 filter] and a good quality slipon muffler.

If you have purchased these headers and would like to utilize one of these maps to optimize your VFR's performance without trucking it out to a dyno shop, we can email the map for your gen VFR to you for a donation of $50. Please send 'sending to a friend' to the paypal account of vfrheaders@gmail.com, and in the note section of the paypal transfer, specify the email address you'd like us to send the map to.

Below are the dyno charts for the three maps. These maps were posted early on in this thread, but are included here to save people the trouble of locating them in the way-back portion of this thread. Each chart has three traces:

[1] a baseline run with OEM headers

[2] a run done with the new headers installed and a zero map, meaning no tuning and no changes to OEM ECU fueling were entered into the Power Commander map

[3] a final run after a complete tune was performed

There are two versions of each chart:

[1] a chart with a reference line at peak horsepower/torque

[2] the same chart with a reference line at midrange 7000rpm to demonstrate the midrange gains achieved with tuning the new headers [8 gen kicked butt at 7000rpm with 16% gains in both horsepower and torque]

5 gen Power Commander 3 map [peak]:

395067601_Attackpeakhp1012619.thumb.jpg.ded57767b8c0b26f632aac38d32ff26a.jpg

5 gen Power Commander 3 map [midrange]:

471413747_Attackmidrangecomparison1012619.thumb.jpg.3224904af8b4ae925abfbb6f116cb848.jpg

6 gen Power Commander 5 map [peak]:

1746326687_Attack6gencomparison041019.thumb.jpg.49446b7c296025bbb384ce598f2335bc.jpg

6 gen Power Commander 5 map [midrange]:

1526218751_Attack6genmidrangecomparison041019.thumb.jpg.df7a7fb514f49bb0b4aac7a66ffe9142.jpg

8 gen Power Commander 5 map [peak]:

2101616871_Attack8gencomparison042419.thumb.jpg.9edc317e55be6ad617036118226325ff.jpg

8 gen Power Commander 5 map [midrange]:

1022751478_Attack8genmidrange042419.thumb.jpg.4c435668d6ecfef45795ba5b3ffe92d5.jpg

• Like 2

Is there an expiration date for this offer?   I would rather hold off on the map until I get a PC3 and even install the headers, which may not happen until spring anyway.    I won't have a need for the map until then.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
48 minutes ago, eyrwbvfr said:

Is there an expiration date for this offer?   I would rather hold off on the map until I get a PC3 and even install the headers, which may not happen until spring anyway.    I won't have a need for the map until then.

As far as I am aware, there is no explanation date. 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, eyrwbvfr said:

4 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

As far as I am aware, there is no explanation date. 

Confirming what Duc2V4 said - the maps will be here and available on an ongoing basis.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hi Guys, just confirming about the bungs on the 8th gen headers, and I preface this by saying I probably should've brought this up earlier, but why not 2X 18mm bungs rather than a (OEM size) 12mm and 1X 18mm? Wouldn't it have been more flexible to have 2X 18mm and just use a reducer if using OEM O2 sensors? (I ask as I have a Rapid Bike Race ready to install once the headers arrive, and would've liked the option of running wide-band sensors; with the 12 and 18 combo, I'll be stuck using the narrow-band, or am I missing something?).

Continued thanks to SF and Duc2V4 for their Herculean efforts shepherding this through.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Wingate said:

Hi Guys, just confirming about the bungs on the 8th gen headers, and I preface this by saying I probably should've brought this up earlier, but why not 2X 18mm bungs rather than a (OEM size) 12mm and 1X 18mm? Wouldn't it have been more flexible to have 2X 18mm and just use a reducer if using OEM O2 sensors? (I ask as I have a Rapid Bike Race ready to install once the headers arrive, and would've liked the option of running wide-band sensors; with the 12 and 18 combo, I'll be stuck using the narrow-band, or am I missing something?).

Continued thanks to SF and Duc2V4 for their Herculean efforts shepherding this through.

With this arrangement You can use a single Rapidbike wide band O2 sensor in conjunction with your 2 stock O2 sensors. The Rapidbike will send a constant message to your ECU that everything is cool with the fuel mixture and and you won’t get any error codes for missing O2 sensors while the wide band sensor will adjust the actual A/F ratio to whatever you target. This will keep you from throwing “Check Engine” error codes and entering “Limp Home” mode because the O2 sensors are actually reading a too rich condition (if you target 13.1 A/F ratio for optimum power).

You are correct though, putting three 18mm bungs would have been more flexible because it would have allowed the use of two wide band O2 sensors for those who wanted too but you would have to have wired in resistors into the stock O2 sensors wiring harness to trick the ECU into thinking the stock sensors are still there.  
The current set up is the most user friendly and easiest to set up for the greatest number of people.