New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer
On 8/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, CornerCarver said:

So glad to have you back! You were missed and we have some catching up to do when you get down (strike that now) up to the Eastern TN area ping me.

I’m glad to be back.  I can’t wait get back and ride the Smokies again...  eastern TN is where I wanted to move to for the riding but the wife wanted Florida.

... so we moved to Florida lol

i look forward to getting back and connecting! I’ll definitely look you up when I’m in the area!

Im actually a couple of hundred miles closer with my new address than I was riding from STL

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
I got my bike back yesterday.  Hoping to take it out tomorrow or Friday.  Just wanted to say MUCHAS GRACIAS!! to SFDownhill and also to Duc2V4 for all their hard work, dedication, patience, and attention to detail.  It was a pleasure meeting and working through the process with SF and I'm looking forward to meeting up with him and Duc for a ride someday!  Crappy cell phone pic below, better pictures to follow...

1258387133_20190813_080144sml.jpg.ea9219a8c75b4b987fba214c42290f86.jpg
Those headers look great on your white VFR. Sure wish I had some of those cool wheels on my '98.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Hey all, were not ignoring you, just a bit hectic on our side of the fence at the moment. SF and I have not had a chance to pow wow and come up with a plan for the next run. Please be patient, not always easy with work and family obligations thrown in the mix.

Cheers,

D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Voided76 said:

Hey wait,  that was the white bike I saw in the minivan when I delivered the OEM muffler wasn't it?   lol...

Yes, it would have been. SF took delivery of it a while ago and done a few extra treatments to it on top of the headers. It was in his possession for a while. I'm sure Samuelx was happy to get it back!

• Member Contributer

I think i need to replace the muffler gasket. When installing the new headers the old one came off relatively intact but not completely so I believe replacing it is a good idea. I searched on Partzilla but there were 2 or 3 different gaskets listed. Does anyone know the correct one to order?

• Member Contributer

I think he’s asking about the muffler gasket not exhaust port gaskets. Usually when I see multiple #s the bottom one is the only one that is orderable. My Staintune doesn’t need one, so I haven’t bothered with it for a while now. 

I just looked at Ron Ayers fiche and only see one listed; #7. 

Doesn’t the new header have a larger diameter outlet? I thought people were saying the Staintune would have to be stretched. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I'm fairly certain the new header outlet diameter is larger but the Vance & Hines pipe fit well, even with the remains of the old, original gasket wrapped around the outlet. My only concern is if the new header outlet is significantly larger the original Honda gasket will not fit. Weren't these headers based on the Two Brothers headers? If so are there gaskets still available from them?

Hello from greece,

I am really interested to buy the new headers. I own a 2001 5th gen vfr 800 with a tbr slip on black series.

Could we arrange to be sent to Greece?

Thanks 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Johnpon said:

Hello from greece,

I am really interested to buy the new headers. I own a 2001 5th gen vfr 800 with a tbr slip on black series.

Could we arrange to be sent to Greece?

Thanks 

Johnpon, shipping to Greece shouldn't be an issue we have sent headers to England, Norway and even Australia. The shipping cost can vary greatly but what seems to be the same, a customs fee was charged to the recipients. The fee was typically based the value given on the customs form. So if the value is for the actual cost, roughly $800 USD, your fee could probably be determined by using that as your value.

• Member Contributer
The Two Brothers header didn't use a gasket. Slip fit joint. 
Just noticed the pipe diameter was a bit larger than the header outlet- bike is noticeably louder when at high rpms-a lot louder. Thought it may be leakage.

• Member Contributer

FYI I finally got around to installing my second header on the bike with the Two Brothers muffler. Had to make a shim for it to fit correctly. The mid pipe is dated 5/98.

Gonna do a write-up on both bikes soon with pitfalls, and impressions.

• Like 4

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, zx9vfr800 said:

So I really don't have time to read through all of this thread. Is there a dyno chart or something to see the hp changes. Thanks 

Yep, page 16 of this thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!  new here, this header is exactly what I was looking for to complete my pretty extensive build when is the next batch going to be made and how do I sign up for one ? Thanks!  And thanks for making a proper header! 👍👍

2003 6th Gen . 

16 hours ago, PetoRC said:

Hi guys!  new here, this header is exactly what I was looking for to complete my pretty extensive build when is the next batch going to be made and how do I sign up for one ? Thanks!  And thanks for making a proper header! 👍👍

2003 6th Gen . 

@sfdownhill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 8/20/2019 at 11:19 PM, Rush2112 said:

I’m glad to be back.  I can’t wait get back and ride the Smokies again...  eastern TN is where I wanted to move to for the riding but the wife wanted Florida.

i look forward to getting back and connecting! I’ll definitely look you up when I’m in the area!

Im actually a couple of hundred miles closer with my new address than I was riding from STL

• Member Contributer
On 8/20/2019 at 11:19 PM, Rush2112 said:

I've been away for the summer, good to see you both back 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Put the header on and love it love it love it! I took off the center stand when I put the headers on because it looked bad and wanted to get rid of some weight. Now I need some sort of stand to change the oil and clean the chain- any ideas?995e78f29cd061600732566899d99541.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, interceptor69 said:

Put the header on and love it love it love it! I took off the center stand when I put the headers on because it looked bad and wanted to get rid of some weight. Now I need some sort of stand to change the oil and clean the chain- any ideas?995e78f29cd061600732566899d99541.jpg

If you’re like me and do pretty much all your own maintenance and service, then the ABBA Skylift is awesome, especially if you need to leave the bike on the stand more than just a day. The wheeled base makes it easy to maneuver around even when the bike is raised. If your budget doesn’t allow for the Skylift, then I say Pit-bull would be my next suggestion. I have the Pit-bull single side swing arm stand and the head lift stand for when I need to do simple stuff, like oil changes, chain cleaning/lubing and even tire and brake service. Solid stuff, bike is very stable and secure when using them.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

If you’re like me and do pretty much all your own maintenance and service, then the ABBA Skylift is awesome

I'd be afraid of having "Dancing Queen" stuck in my head while trying to do maintenance. :goofy:

• Haha 3