New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

• Member Contributer

If I may, could we also please get an update regarding an additional run of 5th / 6th gen headers?  Thank you.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, Sfdownhill has been AFK but I did reach out to him via text message to let him know there are inquiries, since he has been dealing with Wade, he would be the one to answer your questions.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Duc2V4 for flagging to sfdownhill; we can all appreciate he’s got his three rings full (while at the same time desperately waiting to see the 8th gens in the flesh!). 

• Member Contributer

Hey guys. Another week has gone by and still no word on progress on the 8th Gen headers.

Any chance that this can be followed up please!

Thanks

Phil

Now, I'm wondering how many buyers they have for the next run of 5th gen. headers.  I'm on the fence for them.  I'm riding my bike now and not sure about wanting to take it apart again.  Maybe, it'll be a winter project if they make more later..

My set might sit on the shelf for this season.... just didn’t want to miss out! First time in a decade someone actually pulled something like this off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 6/9/2019 at 3:24 AM, HighSideNZ said:

Hey guys. Another week has gone by and still no word on progress on the 8th Gen headers.

Any chance that this can be followed up please!

Thanks

Phil

Phil, sorry for the delay. I spoke with SFDownhill and he's been wrapped up with "Life" stuff (non moto related) but in short, what Seb said. We need a few more orders in order to make the minimum that Wade needs to order his parts and reach the tube benders minimum. Unless someone has PM'd SF directly, the last count I had for 8 Gens was 3, that is 12 shy of the minimum. SF and I discussed posting on other VFR or even generic moto related forums. If you know of any other forums or are part of one that are local to your region, perhaps post a link to this page to see if we can drive the numbers up.

NOTE: This also applies to 5/6 Gen pipes as well. If anyone is interested in either, perhaps you can convince your friends, whether on the forum or not, to invest in a set.

• Member Contributer

Hi Duc2V4

Thanks for the update.

Sorry, I thought there were more deposits than that seeing they had gone ahead with the prototype.

• Member Contributer
57 minutes ago, HighSideNZ said:

Hi Duc2V4

Thanks for the update.

Sorry, I thought there were more deposits than that seeing they had gone ahead with the prototype.

I believe Wade wanted to do the prototype while he had an 8 Gen available and while it was fresh in his head on how he wanted to build it, unfortunately we are still shy a few orders. 😞 

• Member Contributer

I might be a +1 to the 3 you count, Duc2V4 - I had PM'd interest and a deposit to SFDownhill back in April. I, too, thought there were more punters on board than just a handful. Disappointing. Let's put out the siren call everyone!

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

I believe Wade wanted to do the prototype while he had an 8 Gen available and while it was fresh in his head on how he wanted to build it, unfortunately we are still shy a few orders. 😞 

Do we know if 8th gen headers will be compatible with 5th / 6th gens?  I might be in for a set of so.  Otherwise I'd be holding out for a 5/6 set.   Or,  possibly are they similar enough that he would run a batch if the 5/6 and 8 orders together  totaled 15?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Do we know if 8th gen headers will be compatible with 5th / 6th gens?  I might be in for a set of so.  Otherwise I'd be holding out for a 5/6 set.   Or,  possibly are they similar enough that he would run a batch if the 5/6 and 8 orders together  totaled 15?

I was just thinking the same thing.

If we only have a handful of 8g and handful of 5/6g , could we combine for the next run.

Maybe when sfdownhill is back we'll see what the numbers are, ie. as to how many have or are ready to pay deposits.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, Cogswell said:

11 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

If we only have a handful of 8g and handful of 5/6g , could we combine for the next run.

Maybe when sfdownhill is back we'll see what the numbers are, ie. as to how many have or are ready to pay deposits.

My recollection is that there was a little more modification needed to the 8 Gen pipes than the two front down pipes. The rears have a tighter fit and get close to the rear brake hose with the 5/6 Gen tubes, so probably not a direct swap. I do not recall however what Wade had to do but SF did tell me they both had a little frustration with how Honda put together the rear, more specifically, the rear sets and how they are installed /removed. Anyway, I'm also a bit busy with work (thankfully) but I'm hoping we can get time to try and get more takers so we can get the 8 Gen owners their sets as well as another run of 5/6 Gen sets.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there anyone with a 6th gen that already got the pipes installed and then got a custom dyno tune?

I'm looking to get a PCV but curious if anyone would be willing to share the custom map or "sell" a copy of it lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I just test rode CornerCarver’s ‘98 with Wolf undertail mufflers, and Hooooly Smoookes! Wow! He’s running it with a PCII serial that hasn’t changed the map since he bought the bike. It’ll pull from 3k if you want it to, and run out all they way to redline without any dips or flat spots. 

I just test rode CornerCarver’s ‘98 with Wolf undertail mufflers, and Hooooly Smoookes! Wow! He’s running it with a PCII serial that hasn’t changed the map since he bought the bike. It’ll pull from 3k if you want it to, and run out all they way to redline without any dips or flat spots. 

Glad to hear that bike is getting some lovin’!

• Member Contributer
44 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

Glad to hear that bike is getting some lovin’!

I like it better than the supercharged 6th Gen. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Ok, I am definitely in for the next round of 5th Gen headers. I dropped my header to install a new rear shock last night and discovered that my factory header is already a mess. I just sandblasted and painted with VHT Flameproof header paint and clearcoat last year.... what a disappointment. The coating is failing on all fronts... some places rusting through already, some places just flaking off completely, and the 'clean' areas without defects look like shit anyway. 

Off to read about where to send my deposit.... I hope we can get enough folks for Wade to produce another run. 

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

I may be in for a 5G set too...

This may bring us to around 8 or 9 for the 5/6 version.  Not far to go for a batch, but we'd need a formal count kept to be sure.  I seem to recall mention that "a few" had put deposits in on the 2nd batch, so hard to tell for sure where that's at.  One thing looks fairly certain - if a 2nd batch does happen, there probably won't be any more, so get 'em while you can. 

• Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

This may bring us to around 8 or 9 for the 5/6 version.  Not far to go for a batch, but we'd need a formal count kept to be sure.  I seem to recall mention that "a few" had put deposits in on the 2nd batch, so hard to tell for sure where that's at.  One thing looks fairly certain - if a 2nd batch does happen, there probably won't be any more, so get 'em while you can. 

So SF spoke with Wade and he’s trying to convince him to mix the 2 batches, 5/6 and 8 Gens. Trouble is Wade really wants to do one Gen batch at a time at 15 per, but since the 8 Gen number is so low, if we wait for 15, it looks like it would be a while. IF, and that is a BIG IF, we can get a mixed batch of 15, perhaps we can persuade Wade to do a mix batch. I know SF is away this weekend and will be away again most of next week but I’ll see if I can get an official count from him and post it up but in the mean time let’s put the word out and see if we can get 15 per Gen order! Or just 15 total...that would be nice too.