New Member From the Bay Area

Hamhock

I've been lurking for a while and finally joined. Currently I have a 1991 RC36/1 with 40K and a salvage title. Picked it up a few months back.

I've loved the V4's for a while though, previously had '84 VF500F and an '86 VFR700FII.

Also have an '82 CB450SC Nighthawk that is an on going project. That bikes where I got my handle from and I've got a build thread for it on hondatwins.net.

vfr.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the Board.

Nice looking pick up, and only 40K to boot.

Had a red 91 when I worked in England, really liked that bike. When I moved on 8 months later I sold it, without the 8 spoke wheel, to a bemused new owner.

The 8 spoke is on my 97 now here in Maine :^)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum Hamhock. That is a beautiful machine. You obviously have great taste in mc's. And in the fastest color!

1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

Welcome to the asylum Hamhock. That is a beautiful machine. You obviously have great taste in mc's. And in the fastest color!

It's a lot rougher in person. I think the left tail cowl is the only one without damage. I've been getting good at plastic welding here recently. PO told me when he got it there was no plastic on it so who knows if the gauges are original. It sure rides like a 40K bike though.

• Member Contributer
27 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

It's a lot rougher in person. I think the left tail cowl is the only one without damage. I've been getting good at plastic welding here recently. PO told me when he got it there was no plastic on it so who knows if the gauges are original. It sure rides like a 40K bike though.

That's great because, when it gets right down to it, it the riding that counts. Garage queens are overrated.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:01 PM, MaxSwell said:

Garage queens are overrated.

That's a good thing if you are looking to buy.

I love guys that buy new, barely ride, then eat a load of depreciation for me. 😀

• Member Contributer
On 12/29/2018 at 3:10 PM, Hamhock said:

Are the 8 spoke more desirable? I know they are wider.........

Yes to some but they are getting harder to find and thus the sale price goes up, which makes them less desireable to all but those who REALLY want one. The width is the same as the more recent models, 5.5” width, it is the 94-97 models that went down to 5” width. Congratulations on your new to you ride, 40k isn’t a lot miles for these engines so you should have plenty of smiles ahead.

Archived