VFR 750 Rear shock adjustment

So the VFR runs pretty good right now, so i decided to take it out on some back roads. Started noticing that if she's pushed kinda hard that the rear starts waving. The rear is like really soft, and i know that's one of the old VFR traits. But is there any way to adjust the rear suspension? Tried looking for a tutorial or what not but couldn't find one

Edit: So i found a hex bolt on the left side, think it was indeed for adjusting. Had not been touched for a long time but it wasn't stuck. turned it all the way clockwise hoping it stiffens things up

Just be mindful of the adjustments you make. I stiffened the suspension on mine a few months after owning it. Add in the fact that the rear tire had been only worn in the middle 40%. Needless to say I went for a low speed low side ride.

• Member Contributer

For goodness sake people, learn to set up your sag. 

Its not rocket science and blows me away how many people neglect this. 

• Member Contributer

If the shock is OEM, it's probably well knackered by now anyway.  Adjusting it (apart from preload, I suppose) is more akin to flogging a dead horse at this point.

Ciao,

JZH

If the shock is OEM, it's probably well knackered by now anyway.  Adjusting it (apart from preload, I suppose) is more akin to flogging a dead horse at this point.

Ciao,

JZH
If that isnt the f*kcing truth, really didn't change a thing. Its as soft as a couch, maybe its time for a 929 swap

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Long thread on the suspension but worth a read.....

Bottom line, measure the sag and change out the stock springs if necessary to get the spring rates right for your weight.  After you do that you can fine tune with adjusting the shock damping.

Long thread on the suspension but worth a read.....
Bottom line, measure the sag and change out the stock springs if necessary to get the spring rates right for your weight.  After you do that you can fine tune with adjusting the shock damping.
I weigh about 185 pounds. My bike cost about 650$ and it runs nice. Id like to fix the suspension for not to much money if possible, it uses a shit not of fuel and im still trying to figure out why. If its al getting to expensive i might just get another vfr

I did read the cheapest way to fix it is get a 929 rear shock, make some adjustments so it fits and then set it up for my weight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Archived