Jump to content
GatorGreg

She's gone.

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Bent said:

 

It most definitely was a compliment, Gator!  You have always come across as someone that enjoys life because you're comfortable with who you are.  Too bad more people aren't that way.  Next time you decide to scooter on up to the bottom end of the Appalachians, let me know and I'll buy you a beer(s) and that's no "Mousing around", LOL!!   

 

Thanks Bent!  I try not to take myself too seriously and always have a good time!  As the great philosopher Jimmy Buffet once said: "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane".  Not sure about riding the scooter all the way to North Carolina (I'm having visions of Dumb and Dumber - LOL) but I'd love to go for a ride in my vert on the Blue Ridge Parkway when the leaves change - if I do I'll be sure to look you up.  And if you're ever in O-Town I'll buy you a Gatorade!  That goes for everyone here - including my Scottish friends - LOL 😀

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bent said:

 

It most definitely was a compliment, Gator!  You have always come across as someone that enjoys life because you're comfortable with who you are.  Too bad more people aren't that way.  Next time you decide to scooter on up to the bottom end of the Appalachians, let me know and I'll buy you a beer(s) and that's no "Mousing around", LOL!!   

 

Nice gesture Bent. If I wasn't 15,000miles away I'd do the same. So here's to you Greg, cheers:beer: and best wishes to you, what ever you ride I hope it puts a smile on your dial. I've always enjoyed your enthusiastic forum inputs. Ride Safe.

Cheers.

:beer::wheel:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grum said:

 

Nice gesture Bent. If I wasn't 15,000miles away I'd do the same. So here's to you Greg, cheers:beer: and best wishes to you, what ever you ride I hope it puts a smile on your dial. I've always enjoyed your enthusiastic forum inputs. Ride Safe.

Cheers.

:beer::wheel:

 

Thanks Grum - you're too kind!  I can just catch a flight for $1K and be in Australia in 20 hours for my free beer! :beer:   I'll try to remember to look you up in the summer, er, winter of 2028.  My son and I have already made plans to be in Sydney on July 22, 2028 to catch the total eclipse - seriously!  We drove all the way to Columbia, South Carolina to see the one in 2017 and we were both so blown away by it that we agreed we have to go see the one in Sydney in 10 years - LOL.  Here's a vid I made of the eclipse.  I've watched so many vids by motovlogger RidingWithTom that I feel like I've already been to Australia - he's done some AMAZING vids of his trips to the Outback, Darwin, Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road, etc., such a beautiful country!  I wonder what I'll be riding in 2028? Perhaps I'll be on a 2028 Honda VFR1000R😀

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

 

Sorry, the balls attached to your obese bearded girlfriend don't count as yours - LOL

 

Lol.  Seriously? Best you can do, a cheap dig at my girlfriend?

 

You must be an amazing litigator, "Your honour the defence will base its case on the looks of the plaintiffs partner."

When you start taking cheap shots at the persons partner, it's because you have no other defence.

Once again though, ty for playing. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nelix said:

 

Lol.  Seriously? Best you can do, a cheap dig at my girlfriend?

 

You must be an amazing litigator, "Your honour the defence will base its case on the looks of the plaintiffs partner."

When you start taking cheap shots at the persons partner, it's because you have no other defence.

Once again though, ty for playing. 😂

At least he didn't attack your riding machine. That would have been Fighting Words! :wink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gator, you're not being allowed to leave the VFR community gracefully at all so you might as well buy a new one and wear real riding gear to look like a real motorcycle rider.  Oh, that's right people don't do that in Florida.  We would still accept you back I suspect.  Just tell your S. O. that you just F...ked up.  We'll understand and she will too if you're a real man, LOL!   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nelix said:

 

Lol.  Seriously? Best you can do, a cheap dig at my girlfriend?

 

You must be an amazing litigator, "Your honour the defence will base its case on the looks of the plaintiffs partner."

When you start taking cheap shots at the persons partner, it's because you have no other defence.

Once again though, ty for playing. 😂

 

Wow - you really got me this time!  😀  Hopefully you bought her a new beard trimmer for Xmas - LOL

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bent said:

Gator, you're not being allowed to leave the VFR community gracefully at all so you might as well buy a new one and wear real riding gear to look like a real motorcycle rider.  Oh, that's right people don't do that in Florida.  We would still accept you back I suspect.  Just tell your S. O. that you just F...ked up.  We'll understand and she will too if you're a real man, LOL!   

 

LOL - I kind of figured some folks wouldn't allow me to leave gracefully - but that's the nature of motorcycle forums where there are usually one or two members who think of their bike as an extension of their penis 😀  I'm really gonna miss this place - I still haven't come across a midget with a Napoleon complex to keep me entertained on the scooter forums 😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

 

LOL - I kind of figured some folks wouldn't allow me to leave gracefully - but that's the nature of motorcycle forums where there are usually one or two members who think of their bike as an extension of their penis 😀  I'm really gonna miss this place - I still haven't come across a midget with a Napoleon complex to keep me entertained on the scooter forums 😀

 

I get all that, someone has to give you a hard time and my flack isn't as bad as you know who's is.  My VFR doesn't quite fit my penis but obviously does others.  Not to worry, insecure people are everywhere.  You'll find an unfriendly troll.  😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pmsl. Quite simply the VFR was too much bike for you, your level is scooters. No balls.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nelix said:

Pmsl. Quite simply the VFR was too much bike for you, your level is scooters. No balls.

 

 

 

I found a recording of Nelix singing his favorite song - enjoy! 😀

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

 

Thanks Bent!  I try not to take myself too seriously and always have a good time!  As the great philosopher Jimmy Buffet once said: "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane".  Not sure about riding the scooter all the way to North Carolina (I'm having visions of Dumb and Dumber - LOL) but I'd love to go for a ride in my vert on the Blue Ridge Parkway when the leaves change - if I do I'll be sure to look you up.  And if you're ever in O-Town I'll buy you a Gatorade!  That goes for everyone here - including my Scottish friends - LOL 😀

 

 

 

 

Ride or drive the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way from Front Royal Va.  It's an awesomely relaxing experience.  The better half and I did it in our vert. once and it's time to do it again.  You don't want a speeding ticket on the PKWY.  It's federal so no parole.....   We found we didn't really want to do 45mph the whole way.  It's a slow beautiful drive.....made for scooters!!  We expect a ride report before June arrives.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dress it up any way you want, it was obvious the VFR intimidated you.

 

I do thank you for some of the laughs you provided the forum though, I remember the derision you got for posting your video saying you were "Almost taken out twice." or some such melodrama and it was simply everyday occurrences for riding.😂

You set your stall out pretty early lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nelix said:

Dress it up any way you want, it was obvious the VFR intimidated you.

 

I do thank you for some of the laughs you provided the forum though, I remember the derision you got for posting your video saying you were "Almost taken out twice." or some such melodrama and it was simply everyday occurrences for riding.😂

You set your stall out pretty early lol.

 

LMAO - you truly are delusional!   The VFR is one of the easiest bikes I've ever ridden and extremely confidence inspiring - that's what makes it so great.  In fact I recall riding it across a mile long bridge several times at over 130mph the very first day I owned it - I must have been really intimidated by it 😀. There's a reason why the VFR is ridden mostly by older gents if we can believe the age poll here.  However, I doubt you've ever had yours over 60mph (are you even tall enough to see the speedo?) especially with that obese bearded gf of yours constantly weighting you down in the back - the VFR has a truly fantastic engine but it can't defy the laws of physics 😄

 

The only time I can remember being intimidated while riding anything was when I rode a mule to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - one little trip or sneeze and that stupid beast could have plummeted me several thousand feet to my death - now THAT was scary!  The other things that scare me are of course clowns, bearded ladies, and balding midgets - they bring back memories of seeing the circus freaks when I was a kid 😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The videos spoke for themselves re:skill level; he is why people cringe when you say "I'm going to buy a motorcycle." I'm just glad he didn't stick around long enough to be a statistic. 

 

Good riddance if you ask me.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, thtanner said:

The videos spoke for themselves re:skill level; he is why people cringe when you say "I'm going to buy a motorcycle." I'm just glad he didn't stick around long enough to be a statistic. 

 

Good riddance if you ask me.

 

LOL - another Gator hater 😀  Not to toot my own horn, but my VFR vids have literally tens of thousands of views and are by far the most popular VFR vids on YT with a thumbs up ratio of well over 10 to 1, so when I get a bit of criticism from guys who take themselves way too seriously here it makes me laugh.  In fact, Honda should probably pay me a commission for all the 8th gens I've helped sell 😀. I get messages from folks all the time who say my vids are what inspired them to buy an 8th gen - I just got a message from a guy a couple days ago who bought a new 2015 because of me.  I think that's really cool.

 

At this point I will slink off into the sunset as history tells me that if I continue to respond to petty comments here that my thread will get locked and I'd hate to see that happen to my goodbye thread.  So take care everyone - you can find me on my YT channel if you would like to reach me.

 

GatorGreg out 😀

 

IMG_1418.JPG

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think its sad that this forum has become just as bad as every other site's comments that I read.   Not sure what that is all about but its a trend that I hope does not continue.  This forum has been an incredible resource with a very non judgemental community of enthusiasts.  Not just VFRs, not just Hondas, not even just motorcycles.   Just like minded gear heads, some with more of a V Four sickness than others. 

 

For 2019, I hope that we get back to that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thtanner said:

The videos spoke for themselves re:skill level; he is why people cringe when you say "I'm going to buy a motorcycle." I'm just glad he didn't stick around long enough to be a statistic. 

 

Good riddance if you ask me.

 

Nail has been hit precisely on the head here.😂😂😂

 

4 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

 

In fact I recall riding it across a mile long bridge several times at over 130mph the very first day I owned it - I must have been really intimidated by it 😀.

 

It's statements like that that have made you a laughing stock pmsl.

 

Gator has a burning need for adulation, for confirmation that anything he does, any item he buys, is the right choice and should be applauded by us all. When that does not transpire he sulks like a 2 year old denied the nipple.

My theory is Gator is one of triplets and he got the bottle.

 

Not quite sure how many active members at the moment, but around a dozen have posted in this thread. Looks like very few give a toss at your departure.😱

Just wondering how long the scooter will last, skateboard next is my guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg, I really enjoyed your participation in this family. I wish you only the best and hope you come back once and a while to tickle our collective excitement nerve.

 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with scooters. Except perhaps that when I wave they are too startled to respond in the time availabe. I only wish I'd had the wherewithall to buy a Honda 50 and meet the nicest people back in '65.

Scoot safely and have fun. In. That. Order.:wheel:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, deltaboxii said:

Personally I think its sad that this forum has become just as bad as every other site's comments that I read.   Not sure what that is all about but its a trend that I hope does not continue.  This forum has been an incredible resource with a very non judgemental community of enthusiasts.  Not just VFRs, not just Hondas, not even just motorcycles.   Just like minded gear heads, some with more of a V Four sickness than others. 

 

For 2019, I hope that we get back to that.

 

+1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, deltaboxii said:

Personally I think its sad that this forum has become just as bad as every other site's comments that I read.   Not sure what that is all about but its a trend that I hope does not continue.  This forum has been an incredible resource with a very non judgemental community of enthusiasts.  Not just VFRs, not just Hondas, not even just motorcycles.   Just like minded gear heads, some with more of a V Four sickness than others. 

 

For 2019, I hope that we get back to that.

 

Sorry, but I don't think VFRD is like that now, and the entirely voluntary departure of one member will not make it that way either.  All the best for the New Year!

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

 

LOL - another Gator hater 😀  Not to toot my own horn, but my VFR vids have literally tens of thousands of views and are by far the most popular VFR vids on YT with a thumbs up ratio of well over 10 to 1, so when I get a bit of criticism from guys who take themselves way too seriously here it makes me laugh.  In fact, Honda should probably pay me a commission for all the 8th gens I've helped sell 😀. I get messages from folks all the time who say my vids are what inspired them to buy an 8th gen - I just got a message from a guy a couple days ago who bought a new 2015 because of me.  I think that's really cool.

 

At this point I will slink off into the sunset as history tells me that if I continue to respond to petty comments here that my thread will get locked and I'd hate to see that happen to my goodbye thread.  So take care everyone - you can find me on my YT channel if you would like to reach me.

 

GatorGreg out 😀

 

IMG_1418.JPG

 

Ignore the jerks.  They'll never change or add anything of substance here beyond negativity.  Your numbers and likeability speak for themselves. 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutchy said:

 

+1

 

 

 

+2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.