She's gone.

GatorGreg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
23 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Oh...now damn it. You have to talk english around here. There are old guys that grew up around 3rd Gen's and before.. lol! 😉 I guess I now know what a 'vert' is. BTW, that is a nice Vert! Congrats! Every car and truck should come with a heads up display imho. 

23 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

"Vert" is just shorthand for a convertible - here's a video review I made of mine last December.  I think this is about the 12th vert I've owned in my life and it might just be my favorite one.

$5,975?!?  That's a smoking deal for a brand new deluxe (albeit 3-4 years old).   Makes me feel better about letting my '14 go for $5,500.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Bent said:

Interesting they describe your bike as a 1200cc...how did you pull that off and not tell us, LOL!  

I'm losing that loving feeling on my 2014 so next Spring it might be for sale.  

LOL - I thought everyone here had the optional extra 400cc accessory? 😀

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Tiutis said:

The double stickerz; it increasesthe displacement 🙂

I will miss your VFR videos on YT even if it’s all on straight roads.

LOL - thanks - I remember doing one stupid vid where I rode like 50 miles away just so I could take the bike on a single S curve 😀. I notice they peeled off all my Gator stickers but they left the "VFR" badges that I added, it almost looks like it came on the bike so maybe they didn't notice?  Or maybe they were afraid it would damage the paint if they tried to take them off?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, flya750 said:

Oh...now damn it. You have to talk english around here. There are old guys that grew up around 3rd Gen's and before.. lol! 😉 I guess I now know what a 'vert' is. BTW, that is a nice Vert! Congrats! Every car and truck should come with a heads up display imho. 

Thanks!  Yeah every time I drive anything without a heads up display now it feels really strange.  I know they have them on Corvettes too but I wonder what other vehicles have it?

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Thanks!  Yeah every time I drive anything without a heads up display now it feels really strange.  I know they have them on Corvettes too but I wonder what other vehicles have it?

I had one in a 1993 Nissan Altima, the first year of the Altima. It was very nice. I don't see them too often, I've always thought it was odd not to see them more often? They really are a nice, safety feature!

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, flya750 said:

I had one in a 1993 Nissan Altima, the first year of the Altima. It was very nice. I don't see them too often, I've always thought it was odd not to see them more often? They really are a nice, safety feature!

Interesting, now that you mention Nissan I seem to remember a friend of mine had a HUD on his Maxima back in the nineties - that car had all sorts of crazy bells and whistles 😀

Edit:  I found these articles on wiki about HUDs in general, automotive HUDs, and an article about a HUD that can be mounted in a motorcycle helmet like a fighter pilot 😎. According to wiki the first car with a HUD was the 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Indy Pace Car replica 🤓

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-up_display

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_head-up_display

https://web.archive.org/web/20100330072505/http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/SportVue.htm

pictures_oldsmobile_cutlass_1988_1_b.jpg

• Member Contributer

Advert is missing two pertinent selling points.

1. Never been cornered.

2. Never been above 5000rpm.

Should fly out the door.😀

• Member Contributer

So I was reminiscing over some of my many VFR vids today (what can I say - I'm a hopeless romantic - LOL) and I thought I'd leave you guys with an encore presentation of what I have determined to be my two favorites.   AFAIK, there are no other vids in the universe of any vehicle, much less a VFR, riding around on Disney World property at triple digit speeds while managing to avoid detection by the Disney cops 😀  And AFAIK, there are no other vids in existence of a VFR getting washed by not just one, but two ladies in bikinis 😀  Enjoy!

• Member Contributer
On 12/26/2018 at 12:07 PM, GatorGreg said:

Sold it to a Honda dealer.  I see they are asking $6,995 for it and I must say she looks pretty damn nice in their pics - they have a great photographer!  Someone will be getting an awesome bike - it was well maintained, always garaged, and never dropped.  Hopefully she'll find someone who will take good care of her 😀

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2014-Honda-Motorcycle-Scooter-Interceptor-DLX-6315033?ref=list

Interestingly, the same dealer still has a new old stock '15 Deluxe on sale for $8,499

https://www.rchillhonda.com/New-Inventory-2015-Honda-Motorcycle-Scooter-VFR800FD-6286897?ref=list

And check out this drop dead gorgeous 2004 R1 they have for $5,995

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2004-Yamaha-Motorcycle-Scooter-YZF-R1-6307941?ref=list

Surprised a Honda dealer knew what it was.  Maybe they don't......

• Member Contributer

Just imagine how many vids you could have if you had ever ridden it anywhere.

An average of 25 miles per week. Scary. 

I know  I don’t use mine much and have use of another bike for commuting to work, but in the same period of time I’ve added 20,000 miles more than you to mine. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, fink said:

I know  I don’t use mine much and have use of another bike for commuting to work, but in the same period of time I’ve added 20,000 miles more than you to mine. 

Okay, that's pretty funny. :beer:

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, fink said:

Wow - you must have a LOT of hair on your chest in order to ride a bike that far - I bet the ladies can't keep their hands off you! 😀 Since my goal in life is to one day be an expert rider like you (I'm still in awe of the track vid you posted where you managed to get passed by literally everyone else on the track - LOL) please tell me precisely how many miles per week I must ride to qualify.  I'm sure my scooter miles won't count so I'm gonna go buy the 2004 R1 (a real man's bike) at the same dealership above.  It only has 10,000 miles in 14 years so I'm betting the former owner could use some expert riding lessons from you - LMFAO 😂

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2004-Yamaha-Motorcycle-Scooter-YZF-R1-6307941?ref=list

• Member Contributer
48 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Wow - you must have a LOT of hair on your chest in order to ride a bike that far - I bet the ladies can't keep their hands off you! 😀 Since my goal in life is to one day be an expert rider like you (I'm still in awe of the track vid you posted where you managed to get passed by literally everyone else on the track - LOL) please tell me precisely how many miles per week I must ride to qualify.  I'm sure my scooter miles won't count so I'm gonna go buy the 2004 R1 (a real man's bike) at the same dealership above.  It only has 10,000 miles in 14 years so I'm betting the former owner could use some expert riding lessons from you - LMFAO 😂

It's too old to finance but it's the best used bike in the world they would have you believe.  I will certainly pass but if I wanted it I wouldn't finance it.  

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Nelix said:

I think it was obvious to all early on that gator and the VFR were a poor fit. No surprise to me it's sold.

If he lived in the mountain twisties, he might still have it.

Florida is flat as a pancake but they do have The Mouse.  That would make anyone as happy as Gator.  BTW, Gator, I think you ARE The Mouse.  Nobody could be as happy as you that didn't get to wear a costume all day and make kids happy.....; )

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Bent said:

Lol, it would have been sold sooner. 😂

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, Nelix said:

I think it was obvious to all early on that gator and the VFR were a poor fit. No surprise to me it's sold.

The great thing about the VFR is it fits everyone - you're proof that even a midget can fit 😀

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, Bent said:

Florida is flat as a pancake but they do have The Mouse.  That would make anyone as happy as Gator.  BTW, Gator, I think you ARE The Mouse.  Nobody could be as happy as you that didn't get to wear a costume all day and make kids happy.....; )

Why thank you Bent - I think that was a compliment! 😀

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Nelix said:

I'll take short stature over no balls any day. But ty for playing.😂

Sorry, the balls attached to your obese bearded girlfriend don't count as yours - LOL

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Why thank you Bent - I think that was a compliment! 😀

It most definitely was a compliment, Gator!  You have always come across as someone that enjoys life because you're comfortable with who you are.  Too bad more people aren't that way.  Next time you decide to scooter on up to the bottom end of the Appalachians, let me know and I'll buy you a beer(s) and that's no "Mousing around", LOL!!   

Archived