She's gone.

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer

So after about 2 and a half years I lost that lovin' feeling for my VFR ...

...and now she's gone (sold her for $5,500).

I also traded in my recently acquired 2010 Honda Elite 110 scooter for a new 2018 Yamaha SMAX scooter so I can now race around my subdivision in flip flops at 80mph instead of only 50mph 😀 . Here's a review vid below that I made on Christmas Eve where I also take the SMAX out on the highway if anyone's interested - LOL

I'll try to pop in once in a while to see what's up but I'll mostly be hanging out on various scooter, Camaro and Yamaha forums as well as my YT channel. I had a lot of fun on my VFR and participating on this forum the last couple of years. There are a lot of great folks on this forum - some of whom I've had the pleasure of actually meeting in person and consider "real" friends. Although I've lost my love for streetbikes, I still love riding on two wheels whether it be my mountain bike or scooter, and there may be a Honda or Yamaha dual sport parked in my garage in the near future 😉

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Katie said:

TTFN Greg

Reckon you'll be back on a street bike soon though (my guess is a Ducati Supersport) 😉

LOL - thanks Katie, I nearly spewed my orange juice when I read that!  No, I've already narrowed my next mid-life crisis purchase down to either the Yamaha WR250R

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/dual-sport/models/wr250r

or the Honda CRF250L

http://powersports.honda.com/2019/crf250l.aspx

Two of my favorite motovloggers (RidingwithTom and CycleCruza) have a WR250R in their stable and say it's their favorite all-round bike so I'm leaning in that direction.  There are some awesome off-road motorcycle trails within an hour's ride from me that I want to check out:

https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Florida-Forest-Service/Our-Forests/State-Forests/Withlacoochee-State-Forest/Croom-Motorcycle-Area-at-Withlacoochee-State-Forest

• Member Contributer

Moving on to a scooter forum, perhaps commenting on Vespa reliability?  😉  Anyway, hope you won't wear flip-flops & baseball hat while riding around the 'hood.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Samuelx said:

Wait, who am I supposed to live vicariously though (meeting gym girls and stuff) now??? 

LOL - sorry about that.  You should join the Camaro forum - I met a new gym girl who enjoys going for “topless” moonlight rides in my vert.  With the top down it opens up several interesting seating positions 😉

• Member Contributer

No Way! How do you lose that loving feeling so easy? There has been generations of men who can't shake that feeling? There has to be more to this story than we're being told? 😉 

I'm about ready to pick up a new 2015 VFR800F Deluxe. It does seem odd to be considering a motorcycle that has been discontinued? But I can't shake that feeling? 

• Member Contributer

So by what means, media did you sell it through?  I know of another one for sale.  

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, flya750 said:

No Way! How do you lose that loving feeling so easy? There has been generations of men who can't shake that feeling? There has to be more to this story than we're being told? 😉 

I'm about ready to pick up a new 2015 VFR800F Deluxe. It does seem odd to be considering a motorcycle that has been discontinued? But I can't shake that feeling? 

Yeah I know how you feel - when I first bought her I was definitely "hooked on a feeling" 😀  She didn't do anything wrong - we just gradually grew apart after I got my vert - LOL

• Member Contributer

3 hours ago, Bent said:

So by what means, media did you sell it through?  I know of another one for sale.  

Sold it to a Honda dealer.  I see they are asking $6,995 for it and I must say she looks pretty damn nice in their pics - they have a great photographer!  Someone will be getting an awesome bike - it was well maintained, always garaged, and never dropped.  Hopefully she'll find someone who will take good care of her 😀

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2014-Honda-Motorcycle-Scooter-Interceptor-DLX-6315033?ref=list

Interestingly, the same dealer still has a new old stock '15 Deluxe on sale for $8,499

https://www.rchillhonda.com/New-Inventory-2015-Honda-Motorcycle-Scooter-VFR800FD-6286897?ref=list

And check out this drop dead gorgeous 2004 R1 they have for $5,995

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2004-Yamaha-Motorcycle-Scooter-YZF-R1-6307941?ref=list

47 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Yeah I know how you feel - when I first bought her I was definitely "hooked on a feeling" 😀  She didn't do anything wrong - we just gradually grew apart after I got my vert - LOL

Ahhh, Bjorn Skifs, he didn't make it in the US so he came home after this one hit. BTW nobody in Sweden knows what "ooga-chaka ooga-ogaa-ooga-chaka" means. 

• Member Contributer

4 hours ago, Grum said:

Far too much Christmas cheer Greg! Ya need to carefully rethink what your doin. :wacko:

LOL - I have consumed my proper share of eggnog this holiday season!  Here's a vid I made yestersay testing out my new SMAX at night - I did some nice figure eights at one point so I must have been close to fully sober 😀

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, mikeswe said:

Ahhh, Bjorn Skifs, he didn't make it in the US so he came home after this one hit. BTW nobody in Sweden knows what "ooga-chaka ooga-ogaa-ooga-chaka" means. 

LOL - I have no idea what it means either.  I was surprised when I looked for a vid of that song to find it was by a Swedish band - I always assumed it was by an American or British band 😀

The original was done by B J Thomas, but without the "ooga-chaka" part. The "ooga-chaka" part was added by Jonathan King and carried over to Blue Swede's version. Apparently it's supposed to mimik some native american chant. OK, we got to the bottom of this now I guess. LOL!

Yes, Jonathan King did a song called "I don't want to be gay", something that would be impossible and totally politically incorrect these days.

Ironically, Jonathan King was sentenced to seven years in prison for child sexual abuse, so there you have it, amazing the dirt you dig up accidentally.

• Member Contributer

Interesting - I forgot about B.J. Thomas' original version (I love his "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" - one of my favorite songs of all time).  According to wiki, his original went to #5 in 1969 and the Blue Swedes' version went all the way to #1 in 1974, which explains why I think of their version.  Speaking of B.J. Thomas, I'm taking gym girl for a vert ride later this afternoon - I'm hoping the top won't be the only thing going down 😉  It's supposed to be sunny and 74 degrees today so there shouldn't be any rain drops to ruin the fun.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, GatorGreg said:

I don't know what a Vert is? But I'm sure it is NO HONDA VFR800F.

I just missed a deal on a new 2015 VFR800F Deluxe for $5975.00 (year end sale)  FRICK!!!!

1 hour ago, GatorGreg said:

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, flya750 said:

I don't know what a Vert is? But I'm sure it is NO HONDA VFR800F.

I just missed a deal on a new 2015 VFR800F Deluxe for $5975.00 (year end sale)  FRICK!!!!

"Vert" is just shorthand for a convertible - here's a video review I made of mine last December.  I think this is about the 12th vert I've owned in my life and it might just be my favorite one.

$5,975?!?  That's a smoking deal for a brand new deluxe (albeit 3-4 years old).   Makes me feel better about letting my '14 go for $5,500.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

"Vert" is just shorthand for a convertible

Take it from an old phart 'vert driver, watch out for sun on the skin. (I raced a beach catamaran for > 20 years and drove a Triumph TR8 for 15.) Now at 70 years old I look like an eight-five year old. Sunscreen and hat are highly recommended. But no cage can compete with a semi-cage Vert! Loved it.

(Lucky for me, no cancer. Yet.)

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Sold it to a Honda dealer.  I see they are asking $6,995 for it and I must say she looks pretty damn nice in their pics - they have a great photographer!  Someone will be getting an awesome bike - it was well maintained, always garaged, and never dropped.  Hopefully she'll find someone who will take good care of her 😀

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2014-Honda-Motorcycle-Scooter-Interceptor-DLX-6315033?ref=list

Interestingly, the same dealer still has a new old stock '15 Deluxe on sale for $8,499

https://www.rchillhonda.com/New-Inventory-2015-Honda-Motorcycle-Scooter-VFR800FD-6286897?ref=list

And check out this drop dead gorgeous 2004 R1 they have for $5,995

https://www.rchillhonda.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2004-Yamaha-Motorcycle-Scooter-YZF-R1-6307941?ref=list

Interesting they describe your bike as a 1200cc...how did you pull that off and not tell us, LOL!  

I'm losing that loving feeling on my 2014 so next Spring it might be for sale.  

Archived