Tires on sale??

Bent

• Member Contributer

I just bought a pair of Pirelli Angel GTs front and rear for $208 total...I put them on the rims myself...Mid 2018 production date-so they are fairly new.

Matt

• Member Contributer

I'm with Bent on the Pirelli Angel GT's.  I wanted to put one on my rear tire to match the front that's about 2 years old.  But I couldn't really find a good deal on them after looking at them on/off for the past several months.  I ended up putting on a Metzeler Z6 on the rear.  It was too good of deal to pass on and I'll be happy if I can get a couple of years out of it.  My front will likely need to be replaced  next year.  I'll be leaning towards Angel GT's or maybe a Michelin PR5 for it.  If I run across any good deals before then I may just jump on it before I really need it.

• Member Contributer
On 5/14/2019 at 9:28 AM, zupatun said:

I just bought a pair of Pirelli Angel GTs front and rear for $208 total...I put them on the rims myself...Mid 2018 production date-so they are fairly new.

Matt

Now that's a good price for a pair of almost anything.  Wish I could have found a deal on Pirelli's but they just priced themselves out of my market.  Free enterprise is a great thing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, I guess tire prices have just gone up significantly.  Was shopping the internet yesterday and I just don't see the tire deals that used to always be there on "premium" brand tires.  Oh well.  

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Bent said:

Well, I guess tire prices have just gone up significantly.  Was shopping the internet yesterday and I just don't see the tire deals that used to always be there on "premium" brand tires.  Oh well.  

Just received an email from Competition Accessories showing $40 Dunlop rebates.

Rocky Mountain has RoadSmart II for 173.08 and free shipping.

I ordered four sets last week and all were either made 1119 or 1219. 

Dunlop must have had enough people ask for them. I have worn out a few sets year ago and they are decent sport-touring tires.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/dunlop-sportmax-roadsmart-ii-rear-motorcycle-tire-p?il_source=tires&il_medium=main-dunlop-roadsmart-ii-tires

• Member Contributer

Rocky Mountain is my go to for tires online, if not I will get them from Chaparral in San Bernardino if I need them immediately. Their prices are good and I get a small discount for being signed up with them, essentially it comes out like no sales tax. The last set I bought was about a $2 difference from the price I got from RMATVMC. That being said, I believe that a lot of online retailers are now adding in state sales tax. A friend of mine just bought a set from RMATVMC and he said his invoice showed California sales tax. I know that Revzilla is now doing this, as their parent company (read affiliate Cycle Gear) has locations in California.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, I bit the dust and just bought what I needed on a little bit of a sale.  I will try Dunlops next time as they seem to be consistently a little less expensive than others.  I just buy where tires are cheapest.   Yes, Revzilla is owned by Cycle Gear.  Hate to see that but they didn't ask me......

Archived