SARGENT SEAT

lshark

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, RedlineDrifter said:

Good, then you at least have the option of getting it done!
I’m in the UK and when I enquired with the regional distributor they said they couldn’t offer the upgrade, they only supply new seats or repair damaged seats 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get them done from the UK you just have to email their US operations and ship them here. I've known 2 people to do it.

You can get them done from the UK you just have to email their US operations and ship them here. I've known 2 people to do it.

Oh, ok - good to know it’s possible to get around the regional distributor.. I do find it strange / a shame that they won’t offer the service themselves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 12/23/2018 at 5:15 AM, lshark said:

has anyone done the Sargent Seat foam upgrade ????   opinions ??? pictures ??? thanks

I did this upgrade last month.  The seat looks nice.  I didn't make any special requests or add-ons to the normal foam upgrade.  The seat is more level now and more comfortable.   Slighlty firmer. One thing I am not crazy about is that the new contour encourages me to sit a little farther away from the tank.  This might be OK for someone that normally sits with their butt against the rise is the OEM seat but for me, at 5'9" and not overweight at all its a little father away from the bars than I would like.  The new shape seems to work really well in combination with a sheep skin cover though.  The longest ride I have done with the new seat is about 2.5 hrs (yesterday) and I did that in combo with the sheep skin and was quite comfortable the whole time.   Ideally though I would  probably need a full day's ride to really evaluate it.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Ishark, I just got a VFR1200. It has a Corbin seat and I hate it. Nonetheless, since you live in the UK I'd hit up www.elsemade.com I had him make a seat with gel for my Blackbird and it was ... love, amazing.. any hyperbole you want. I'm sure he can help you out with whatever you'd like to do.

• Member Contributer

6 hours ago, lshark said:

i'm in USA....NJ

Oh, I must have seen the other guy's location. Turns out the the front tabs of the seat were on top of the tabs that secure it. The front is now a bit lower and that helps. Now, I am desperately hoping this new windscreen will help or I'll be riding without one at all for a while. 

Archived