No Clutch feel

mangekyou80

Hey Guys and Gals.

I recently started up my bike and noticed there wasn't any clutch feel. Sure enough I tried to put it in gear (on the center stand) and it went into gear and the back wheel starts spinning. Pulling my clutch lever did not do anything! (I was expecting the wheel to slow and eventually stop).

I have a 2004 VFR 800 Interceptor (no abs)

I jumped on this (and other forums, and youtube) where I found a guide to bleeding my clutch, did that, still no clutching when I pull the handle bar.

The next thing that was recommended was checking the Master cylinder by taking off the hose, putting my finger over the hole and depressing the clutch to see if there was any compression. There was.

The next recommendation I could find was to rebuild the slave cylinder. Just completed that. The old one was in really bad shape. the gasket on the slave piston was essentially melted and cracking. Used a 90 degree pick to scrape it out. Put everything back together, bled the lines again, and still no clutch feel.

I'm not seeing any further recommendations beyond what I've already tried for no clutch feel.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

I recently lost clutch function. Bleed the clutch till all fluid was replaced and no air bubbles. Still no clutch so I pulled in the lever and opened the banjo bolt and hissss  did it again fluid came out. Tightened it up and clutch was fully functional again. Give it a try. 

• Member Contributer

Clutches can be really difficult to bleed vs brakes, as they are spring loaded, rather than a positive stop. The cheap/easy fix is remove the slave cylinder (3 bolts) and put a C-clamp on it so the piston cannot move, much like opposing brake pistons pushing against the pads,  pushing on the rotor. Bleed it as you would the brakes. Once the lever is solid, remove the C-clamp, remount the slave cylinder and you are done!

Archived