FNG from SoCal

BGross

Greetings from the land of great riding weather.

Currently I don’t have a VFR, but investigating. Not that I really need another bike - but I gave my FJR to one of our sons and I’m down to just two:

My XX reminds me that I’m really not as old as my driver license says, the Wingabago gets out when my bride wants to go along - like a pie run to Julian?

For those of you in the frozen north - hang in there! Spring can’t be that far away.

For the rest - see you out there!

B.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, BGross said:

Greetings from the land of great riding weather.

Currently I don’t have a VFR, but investigating. Not that I really need another bike - but I gave my FJR to one of our sons and I’m down to just two:

My XX reminds me that I’m really not as old as my driver license says, the Wingabago gets out when my bride wants to go along - like a pie run to Julian?

For those of you in the frozen north - hang in there! Spring can’t be that far away.

For the rest - see you out there!

B.

Do you have a pic of the XX to share?  Been looking for one on and off for several years.

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Are you behind the Orange Curtain or in LaLa land? BTW,  a friend of mine is selling his 2007 Anniversary Editon. I believe he said it has 60k miles. Has a few extras too.

21 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Welcome Aboard! Are you behind the Orange Curtain or in LaLa land? BTW,  a friend of mine is selling his 2007 Anniversary Editon. I believe he said it has 60k miles. Has a few extras too.

Yup, deep behind the Orange Curtain. San Clemente.

7 hours ago, thtanner said:

Welcome. I lived in Dana Point for 5 years but recently moved back to Temecula for the extra space. 

Holy cow - you have an ‘86 VN750? Brings back many fond memories of sMiles past. I remember the time this cute blonde climbed on the back: she was the Perfect Pillion. A voice in my head said “she’s a keeper!”, so I married her a year later. Wow, 30 years flew past! Wouldn’t mind still having that bike - and glad the blonde stayed!

Below is a photo of my Blackbird.

F71A01FF-E60F-43A2-8938-AE6FADF55517.png

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Thanks for the welcome. We’ve visited Amsterdam a couple times but would love to see more of your country - on a bike!

8 hours ago, thtanner said:

Welcome. I lived in Dana Point for 5 years but recently moved back to Temecula for the extra space. 

Yes, there is more elbow room out there. Once in a while I visit our niece & nephew in Wildomar - up & over Ortega, then down I-15 to 76 to I-5. Nice 100 mile loop.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to this asylum. Good luck with your search. Be sure to post up a picture when you find your machine. We need pics to confirm you are not a figment of our imagination.

And remember: Fifth gens are the best and red is the fastest color. :wheel:

Archived