F vs. DCT radiator

mrmmrm

Hi,

I have a very probably not wise question, however, has anybody tried to swap cooler radiator from DCT to F model?

The reason, why I´m asking is that I crashed in September with my "F" and my radiator was damaged. I need a new one, but original OEM stuf is incredibly expensive and I have not found any aftermarket or used one yet. I´ve only found DCT one. Normally I never speculate about non-original solutions, but during hot summer days in Slovakia I experienced let´s say overheating, when during passing streets at speed 50 km/h my radiator fans switched on quite often. That´s why I doubt about original "F" radiator effectiveness. "DCT" radiator is possible to fit in the bike and I know about different bottom front cover that keeps also side fairing on place. It is bigger than the "F" one, so it should be more eficient for the purpose.

What do you think?

20 minutes ago, tomcatek said:

According to Hondapartshouse.com radiators for F and FD have the same part number. So it should be identical. Go there and double check it.

For sure they are not the same. On the first pic there is DCT radiator in my bike and on the other pic from the net there is the standard radiator for F model.

received_2267707796844865[1].jpeg

vfr_1200_naked_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, tomcatek said:

Same year models have same radiators. What year is your machine and the donor?

Or not.. depending where I check. But they look alike. Possibly it would fit?

Mine is 2012 and the donor´s is unknown. In the fiches they are depicted the same, which is interesting, but they are not. Also on ebay, when you find radiator guards for F or DCT models they are different, because F radiator is rectangle shape and DCT radiator is V shape.

• Member Contributer

I have an "F" model spare radiator with a pin hole in it. I soldered it and it lasted two years then started to weep again. No dripping leaks, but would get crusty coolant colored stuff near the repair. $50 plus shipping and its yours....

2013 model

2 hours ago, Ghostrider1127 said:

Normal cooler it´s little , dct bigger , swap it´s possible and direct  , need to replace the central front panel with the correct one and one cooling line .

That's correct. But I was rather interested in whether it's not too strong cooling effect afterwards. Anyway, there could be still possibility to cover partly the radiator and decrease cooling if there is a need so ...

Archived