Spark but no start

95vfr

g'day, update on $700.00 98 vfr800. I have replaced the injectors sub harness and getting ready to put throttle body on I noticed it was actually broken, so wreckers for another throttle body, oh f@#$ me. I originally thought Edward scissor hands had been working on it but now think maybe the Hulk, being lazy put it all in, no start not even thinking about firing so took airbox off threw a bit of fuel in and fired right up. so we have spark, no fuel, okay so check voltage to injectors 10.8v I assume the throttle body has been sitting for s long period so figure they are blocked and or injector seized, so decide today to use fuel rails and injectors from original throttle body, this time checked resistance and fired them through a 9 volt battery all good, still to lazy to clean them but there u go. I also checked the firing of the injectors I took out found 1 wasnt firing 1 made a funny noise other 2 seemed fine, so put new improved throttle body back in threw fuel down fired straight so airbox on tank on fueled up pressed starter fired straight up but the died in the arse, ah residual fuel, heart broken pressed starter again turns over not firing, switch ignition off turn back on pump not priming, I hadn't plugged in the connector properly, ok plug it in, priming ok, turn it over 2 seconds battery flat, so here i sit battery on charge just finished my third 101 wild turk, and now have just cracked open my first beer, so i'm  thinking if it does not start now Ecm not firing the injectors or fuel pump, though I have cracked the fuel line and it is under pressure any ideas would be welcome while I drink and wait for battery to charge

im on the biggest buzz Ive had in years, did not expect it to start and was expecting that if it did would run rough not idle etc, but not a problem, tomorrow a quick naughty ride around the block, also because i fitted tp sensor i was expecting further problems. cheers

Archived