Schuberth and Held Parking lot sale

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Well today's plan was to try and meet up with fellow member RobF who was in town today but having to catch up on projects that got derailed, I was not able to meet up and take him on a tour of So Cal. However, I was able to break away for lunch to pick up some parts from Ducati Newport Beach and decided to check out Schuberth and Held's parking lot sale (Which is today 11/30 and tomorrow 12/1).

I had an interest on some new Held gloves and possibly a new Pinlock lens and Faceshield for my C3Pro but not really looking for anything special...or so I thought. Apart from some Held jackets, pants and some old stock gloves, they also had a decent selection of Schuberth helmets. Close outs were going for $375 and Scratch and Dents were going for $250. My initial interest then waned over to a new helmet, not because I needed one but who could pass up a new Schuberth helmet for as little as $250? When the guy behind  the table said he had some SR2s in my size (they didn't have any on display), I asked to see them. Well, low and behold they had an SR2 in the S&D stack, which the only issue it had was a DOT sticker that wouldn't stay put, so guess who grabbed it for his collection?! Yeah, I did that...

56529813858__6312F24C-2A46-415F-B988-6F0F0AB17F24.thumb.JPG.b08d16b6d1ba73a1b264508cf4e839e3.JPG

A bonus for today was the new faceshield and Pinlock lens I got for my C3Pro too! Long story short, I had a new lens and shield that I bought from Revzilla where the lens just didn't fit right and ended up scratching both the lens and shield, as it wasn't staying put well enough, thus the vertical movement caused the two to rub against one another and created the scratches. When I presented these to one of the sales people, he said "Wait here I'll see if we have something for you". Within two minutes he came back with a new lens and shield and handed them to me, gratis! Along with this, he explained to me that not all anti-fog inserts are created equal. The Pinlock (as in name brand) lenses have a silicon bead around the edge of the lens that helps grip and seal against the shield. Other makes, non-Pinlock, have a ridge, which is not made of silicon and is just there to try an create a seal but doesn't work as well as the silicon ridge Pinlock versions. So in essences, if you buy an actual 'Pinlock' lens, the chances of fit and performance will be much greater. The one I hadpurchased was not an official 'Pinlock' lens and thus had the plastic bead, not the silicon bead.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, thepretender said:

Glad this is 300 miles away, i don't need a helmet or gloves but love me a bargain.  And i have to stay away from anywhere selling Suppersports😊

The glove selection was very limited but they had quite a bit of riding pants. There were a few tempting prospects but ultimately I chose the helmet over the riding gear. I was also hoping that they would have had a larger selection of gloves styles but even still, the pricing on most of the gear was really good. 

• Member Contributer
45 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

Congrats! That's one heck of a deal on the C3-Pro. I just love mine. So quiet.

It was actually the SR2 I bought, which is even a slightly better deal if I remember the original pricing correctly ($899). They did have a few C3-Pros and quite a few E1s (The ADV version of the C3-Pro). All of the S&Ds were $250, otherwise the closeouts were $375, which for C3-Pro or E1 was a good deal as well.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Havagan said:

I have the SR1 -- great helmet and the SR2 should be just as good.

I have an SR1 as well and it feels really close to the same helmet, I’m sure the minor differences will reveal themselves over time. I use my SR1 predominantly at the track so I might use the SR2 for street riding. Although I really didn’t need another helmet, the price was just too good to pass up!

• Member Contributer
On 12/4/2018 at 4:52 PM, Duc2V4 said:

I use my SR1 predominantly at the track

Ditto. SR1 for the track and Arai Signet for the street.

Archived