Feeling lucky?

FJ12Ryder

• Member Contributer

Seems like there's a new company using Kickstart to fund a new helmet with all the goodies. It makes you wonder if people ever

remember what happens to these things. Remember Skully? And the camera thingy that was supposed to show up and never did, and

bit a few guys on this forum.

Jarvish smart helmet

• Member Contributer

ugh, sounds like more distractions I don't need when riding. 4 hour battery life is a little parsimonious, too.

However, if they're already being sold in Taiwan, and if you are into having chatter and directions fed into your ear, that kickstarter price is super cheap and it seems like a less risky prospect than the Skully.

I'm dubious about the HUD version. One of those "I'll believe it when I see it" deals, though. I'm sure it will be cool if ti works, but if they're looking to hire engineers, plural, to improve helmet tech, they haven't earned nearly enough from the kickstarter yet to do so. And that tells me the tech may not be complete. A miniaturized HUD in a light enough package with proper, real-time navigation is trickier than it sounds. And it sounds tricky.

I hope I'm wrong. Lots of folks will like this stuff when it's finally here.

• Member Contributer

As a proud owner of a Fusar (tee shirt), I think I will wait on this one...

Ciao,

JZH

Archived