GoodDeal?

r100rsman

I am considering a 2007 VFR800 RWB (non-abs) with 4K miles.   The bike is a one owner bike and is immaculate in bone stock condition.  Will need tires because of age.   Bottom line price is $4300.  I have seen a few others with many more miles but none this nice.    So is it a good to decent deal?   

Thanks all.  

PS.  I am going to buy it regardless but just curious what the experts on the boards say. 

• Member Contributer

Not a bangin deal to call home about, but also not a rip off. Seems in-line with the miles and condition of the bike, plus RWB is sexy.

• Member Contributer

Kind of curious when the bike was initially licensed. Four thousand miles in 12 years is really low. Was it ridden some the first

few years and then sat for 7-8 years with no maintenance? Super low mileage vehicles make me nervous if I actually plan on

riding them. Plastic and rubber parts can get hard and brittle if the bike wasn't stored correctly.

Tires will have to be changed like you said, brake calipers will need to be checked to make sure they're free and not rusted in

place. Brake fluid should be changed, just because, and rubber brake lines checked out pretty thoroughly. Check the inside of

the gas tank for any rust or corrosion.

It's a Honda so there shouldn't be any real issues. 🙂

• Member Contributer

So.... Did you get it? How does it feel to ride it? And we'd need a pic to verify you are not a figment of our imagination. 

Archived