Kappa Side Panniers - Compatibility?

Doonks

Hi

I'm new to this community, have a 2006 Viffer which I bought new and remains totally awesome! I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I'm about to tour Tasmania and have the opportunity of purchasing some 2nd hand but never used Kappa Racks and Side Panniers. I currently have a Ventura Rack fitted, and use that for my large expandable RJays Textile bag. I need to know if the Kappa Racks can be successfully fitted to my bike along with the existing Ventura Rack still in place?

Any advice or assistance would be gratefully received

regards

Doonks

Kappa K21 Side Panniers and Racks.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm a little confused by your question. Are you looking to install the Kappa Monokey mounts in place of your Ventura mounts or somehow mount the Kappas to the Ventura mounts?  Just looking at the Ventura mounts online, it doesn't look like the The Kappa pannier mount uses the same bolt configuration as the Ventura mounts, so I don't think the Kappa mounts are a direct swap with the Venturas.  Zip ties may be sufficient to mount the Kappa mount to the Venturas, but I'd just remove the Venturas and install the Kappas.  I have the same panniers and love them.  I also have a large Givi top box as well, and the combined storage capacity has not left me wanting more. 

Edit:  I didn't notice this was originally posted November 25th.  Probably not much help at this point...

• Member Contributer

The Ventura rack is very popular Down Under; I think it may be similar to Vegemite in terms of devotion...  I'd be surprised if no one has had a go combining the Kappa (or GiVi--same mounts) pannier mounts with the Ventura, which only goes up and back, but it would probably have been done by a fellow Antipodean.

Ciao,

JZH

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, whiteknuckles said:

I'm a little confused by your question. Are you looking to install the Kappa Monokey mounts in place of your Ventura mounts or somehow mount the Kappas to the Ventura mounts?  Just looking at the Ventura mounts online, it doesn't look like the The Kappa pannier mount uses the same bolt configuration as the Ventura mounts, so I don't think the Kappa mounts are a direct swap with the Venturas.  Zip ties may be sufficient to mount the Kappa mount to the Venturas, but I'd just remove the Venturas and install the Kappas.  I have the same panniers and love them.  I also have a large Givi top box as well, and the combined storage capacity has not left me wanting more. 

Edit:  I didn't notice this was originally posted November 25th.  Probably not much help at this point...

No, your comments are still helpful. I've actually only just picked the panniers and racks up today (26 Jan 2019). The racks and panniers have not come with any installation instructions 😕

I have the Ventura Rack already installed on the bike. What I want to do is install the side Kappa racks and panniers ALSO to the bike. 

As they're are no instructions with the gear I received, I really am looking for some guidance now. 

Cheers 

• Member Contributer

Hi Doonks.

My Ventura Rack system I had on my 6gens only used the pillion grab handle mount points. According to the attached pictures you should be fine running Both, no probs. Just got the installation details from their web site for the KL166.

Enjoy Tassie, I've done it twice on the VFR, Take note of their bend in the road advisory speed signs they are more realistic than Vic.

Welcome to the forum, it's mandatory you post a pic of your VFR.! The metallic Black 2006 is a stunner.

Cheers from Sunbury.

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Hey @Grum, thanks for the response. In the time since I posted above, I too found that installation PDF online. I'll have a crack at it on Monday.

I'm off for a spin tomorrow on the Viffer, so will grab some snaps then.

Cheers

Pete

ps/ I'm located in Mulgrave

• 3 weeks later...

I have just fitted the Givi PLX166 pannier frames to my Gen 6 2011 VFR800fi. I have also attached some Kriega OS32 bags that I had on my old adventure bike. I’ve still got to set up some bottom brackets to secure the bottom of the bags and it’s all done.

A1253907-A7CD-4785-A71F-6D5A9204D84C.jpeg

22A8481A-5B0A-4815-819C-5434E5C1D661.jpeg

7998E983-F1F7-4B79-ABDD-9E63CF13AE30.jpeg

07F534C2-DE3E-4CCA-B24F-A72DB8F5D46C.jpeg

A8D8A07B-E247-473F-AD24-502813FF6184.jpeg

024B55F4-E1DD-4415-8EC2-4E2A126D0252.jpeg

782AD018-5A60-4183-B9D3-CDBDE5D2EF76.jpeg

620F187D-B743-4D26-8393-F00D97D22E3E.jpeg

Archived