Potential Coffman Full Exhaust

Robborboy

Hey guys. So potential lead on a full system for 8th gens and any models they fit over to.

Coffman has started doing full systems starting with a Grom.

I've contacted them and they said they'd be happy to work on one. I offered to mail mine in but they need the bike on site as well.

The exhaust pipes would be mandrel bent and made of stainless steel.

They're located in Ukiah California. I told. Them. I'd get the I formation out there if anyone wanted to loan their bike for a bit.

This would get us something without the garbage collector the Delkelvic has.

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Ohlias said:

As if Ineeded more reasons to want to live in California or anywhere on the west coast..

You obviously haven't been to Ukiah ...the only reason it didn't burn up in the 500,000 acre Mendocino complex fire in the summer was the vineyards in Hopland and surrounds .. God forsaken place. 

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Robborboy said:

Hey guys. So potential lead on a full system for 8th gens and any models they fit over to.

Coffman has started doing full systems starting with a Grom.

I've contacted them and they said they'd be happy to work on one. I offered to mail mine in but they need the bike on site as well.

The exhaust pipes would be mandrel bent and made of stainless steel.

They're located in Ukiah California. I told. Them. I'd get the I formation out there if anyone wanted to loan their bike for a bit.

This would get us something without the garbage collector the Delkelvic has.

Did Coffman mention a price?

• Member Contributer

As robborboy posted Coffman makes exactly one complete exhaust system - for the Grom, a single cylinder unfaired bike. When someone rolls up on a VFR Coffman will look at the tightly packaged V4, think about the limited market and politely decline to work on it. 

• Member Contributer

Oops - I hadn’t done any homework on Coffman. Looking through their website does unearth the fact that Jim V is correct; the only exhaust they currently produce with a header pipe is for the Grom. Bless ‘em if they look at a V4 system and are still willing to take a run at building a VFR exhaust.

3 hours ago, jim v said:

As robborboy posted Coffman makes exactly one complete exhaust system - for the Grom, a single cylinder unfaired bike. When someone rolls up on a VFR Coffman will look at the tightly packaged V4, think about the limited market and politely decline to work on it. 

That's a big probably.  just every time someone thinks and it sounds like a good plan then they see  the layout.   yea,  it'll also. if. be a grand too. again  If.  Still, one never knows, But yea Probably

11 hours ago, RVFR said:

That's a big probably.  just every time someone thinks and it sounds like a good plan then they see  the layout.   yea,  it'll also. if. be a grand too. again  If.  Still, one never knows, But yea Probably

FWIW they already know the layout of the exhaust. They've had them in their shop before to make the slip on I use. 

They just don't currently have one to make measurements and a jig from. 

19 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

Did Coffman mention a price?

They didn't. But I wouldn't expect it to be over $600. But that's just my guessing. 

22 hours ago, thtanner said:

If I get a free system they can borrow my bike for a bit 🙂

Doesn't hurt to check them out to see what deal they'd cut you. 

I have a second stock header off a 99.  it was thought it would do for a template,  but after Gabe looked it over, it deemed  he would need to have the bike as well as there's a few little things he thought of and there's no way of knowing whats what unless there's a bike,  yea and that center stand is a damn nuisance for this.   Just was another bump in the road here,  it wasn't till after all the fall out I got one to use. Now I have one to play around with,  but now no fabricator.  What a bummer.  I can play with pre made bends, I'll start doing this this coming spring, then maybe I'll be able to talk Gabe into welding it up,  we will see.  I need to make one anyway.  So no sweat off my brow.  That said,  look forward to seeing what Coffman comes up with.  It's just going to take some one to go the distance.

• 1 month later...

Archived