Need a little help from a sixth gen owner

YosemiteVFR

Hello! I'm hoping to get a little help.

I'm at the end of a cooling system refurb and looking at trying the 6th gen top coolant hose which joins the two radiators as a replacement for the opposite number on my 5th gen. Existing hose measures 13" and I'm willing to bet the i.d. are the same. Can anyone confirm;

A. Said 6th gen hose will work in this application. Or;

B. The length of the 6th gen hose.

I've looked at the bulk hose option and have tried both 7/8" & 1" i.d. examples. The former is s little smaller than the OEM and the latter while slightly larger, I don't like the looks of the clamped hose  ends which are flared out from the radiator fittings. I may try the 1" one more time, run it and see if it leaks, feels secure, etc. It occurred to me that I may be able to install the 6th gen hose and be done with it. I tried to search for this topic to no end so I thought to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Mello Dude - Thanks for taking a moment to assist. 🍺

To clarify, the hose I'm referring to is #23 on this diagram here; Part No. 19504-MBG-000 and sits between the two radiators. Measures about 13".

I'm wondering if the 6th gen version would fit. No. 22 on this diagram here; Part 19504-MCW-D00

If anyone has first-hand knowledge to confirm/deny, that'd be great! 

Again, thanks in advance!

I used a piece of 25mm OD aluminium pipe from bunnings (home depot/lowes?) and 2 short sections of 25mm id hose to connect it on my 5th, before I did the front mount.

• Member Contributer

American parts supplier Megazip appear to have a new item in stock $21.86 P/No. 19504-MBG-000. You can easily contact them and verify their stock situation. Sorry can't say for sure whether 5th and 6th gen hoses are the same. 

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/honda/hose-upper-19504MBG000?q=19504-MBG-000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItfWJseTn3gIVUhOPCh3u2g2MEAMYASAAEgIzJ_D_BwE

• Member Contributer

I probably won’t get a chance today, being it’s Thanksgiving but I’ll likely be in the garage tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I have the hoses off of both bikes that I can do a side by side comparison. Worse case, I can send you that hose from my 6 Gen (09) and you can either confirm that it’s the same or even use it if it works. All I’ll ask for is the cost of shipping...

8 hours ago, keef said:

I used a piece of 25mm OD aluminium pipe from bunnings (home depot/lowes?) and 2 short sections of 25mm id hose to connect it on my 5th, before I did the front mount.

Thanks Keef!

8 hours ago, Grum said:

American parts supplier Megazip appear to have a new item in stock $21.86 P/No. 19504-MBG-000. You can easily contact them and verify their stock situation. Sorry can't say for sure whether 5th and 6th gen hoses are the same. 

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/honda/hose-upper-19504MBG000?q=19504-MBG-000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItfWJseTn3gIVUhOPCh3u2g2MEAMYASAAEgIzJ_D_BwE

I hadn't heard of Megazip Grum, thank you for the link!

2 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

I probably won’t get a chance today, being it’s Thanksgiving but I’ll likely be in the garage tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I have the hoses off of both bikes that I can do a side by side comparison. Worse case, I can send you that hose from my 6 Gen (09) and you can either confirm that it’s the same or even use it if it works. All I’ll ask for is the cost of shipping...

I really appreciate you being willing to do that Duc2V4! Next time you're in the garage if you could compare those two hoses, I'd be interested to hear what you think. 

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, YosemiteVFR said:

Mello Dude - Thanks for taking a moment to assist. 🍺

To clarify, the hose I'm referring to is #23 on this diagram here; Part No. 19504-MBG-000 and sits between the two radiators. Measures about 13".

I'm wondering if the 6th gen version would fit. No. 22 on this diagram here; Part 19504-MCW-D00

If anyone has first-hand knowledge to confirm/deny, that'd be great! 

Again, thanks in advance!

Hi - What I was referring to is if you click the link, on the related fitment list is both the 6th gens and 5th gens - seems to indicate the hose fits both. 

I cant confirm from personal experience. 

• Member Contributer
28 minutes ago, mello dude said:

Hi - What I was referring to is if you click the link, on the related fitment list is both the 6th gens and 5th gens - seems to indicate the hose fits both. 

I cant confirm from personal experience. 

Sorry Mello, but you're referring to the wrong hose the 19504-MCW-D00 seems to be only 6th gen specific.

• Member Contributer

I thought I had access to my 5 Gen hoses but can’t seem to find them. That being said, I have access to my 5 Gen bike and the 6 Gen hose and it appears to be the same length (measured at 33.5 cm) and the hose ID is 25mm and fits the radiator hose outlet. 

I put the hose up against one mounted on the bike and it was the same length for as far as I could tell. 

Archived