With the VFR stored I'm coming up with parts to replace.

VFR80025th

Now that winter is here in T.O my mind is wondering on how to make the VFR even better for next year.

Now I want to keep the bike OEM.

I am the second owner and for some reason my windscreen has some hairline scratches.

PO must have used dirty towels or rags to it when cleaning.

I've taken scratch remover to it and it looks pretty damn good. 8.75/10 compared to new.

But my obsession to return this bike to perfection begs me to order a NEW OEM windscreen for $240 Canadian.

Kind of pricey . You guys think its worth it.

I've looked at a Zero gravity and have heard the fit and thickness of those  SR VFR screens does not match OEM

The rest of the bike is almost showroom including underneath, swingarm area and rear brake area etc.

Should I pull the trigger?

I also just picked up a new Lid for next season Shoei RF1200 flagger TC 6.

Thxs

My_VFR.jpg

rf-1200-flagger-helmet-.jpg

• Member Contributer

Don't know about the windscreen,  but I'd definitely pick up the white 8 spoke that's on ebay - it would look killer!

• Member Contributer

Hi there VFR80025th.

That there is one beautiful RWB, it deserves the Best. Have a look at the PowerBronze range of Airflow Double Bubble windscreens they are top quality and have a great range of colours. The light tinted version has a nice VFR logo on it. Those white rims are fantastic wish I had em for my own RWB a few years ago instead of the standard black.

Cheers :beer:

• Member Contributer

One thing to look into, is upgrading/updating the RR and perhaps adding a volt meter. Although not an OEM item, there are a few members who have found Honda branded meters that look like they belong on the bike. As far as the windscreen, I have a Zero Gravity on my 5 Gen and it is a bit thinner than the stock windscreen. I had a GIVI touring screen on my 6 Gen but have changed it out for an MRA with the spoiler. Even though it is a departure from the OEM look, I rather like it. It appears to work a bit better than the GIVI, at least for my height (5’8”).

• Member Contributer

I think the Honda-branded gauges are NLA, at least the ones I was looking for several years ago are.  [EDIT: It looks like they're all over eBay, if you just want a voltmeter.]  They were made for Honda Marine by gauge manufacturers like Faria, Teleflex and VDO.  That's the style I wanted to use on my yellow bike (hence the boost gauge...), but I never got around to fitting them and I really never liked the non-standard "HONDA" logo on one of them...

P1020468x.thumb.jpg.0e38d682382ce95b268878bf8868f121.jpg

Ciao,

JZH

Archived