Rapid Bike Racing Module

TNVFR

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

Im new to the forum but Ive been stopping by and reading some posts about the RapidBike EVO and Racing modules.  I purchased a 2003 VFR a couple months ago and have added a PCIII (with Cozye's map), Scorpion exhaust, and gutted the cat.  Im really wanting to get some more power out of her and short of making major engine modifications adjusting the ignition timing appears to be the only way to accomplish this.  

Im wondering if those of you that are using the racing module could give me some feedback as to whether the power gains are worth the cost.  Also, what has this done to your fuel mileage?  Currently Im only getting about 30!  Any feedback or advice would be much apprciated!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

1.   if you're only getting 30 maybe something is wrong.  Let's talk about that below.

2. I have a Rapidbike and it is great. But I'm 5th gen -- but 6th gen reportedly respond very nicely to the ignition advance the Rapid bike racing provides. Much more so than my 5th gen.

I think @CandyRedRC46 is the 6th gen expert here. He's squeezed the most HP out of a VFR you can get, with a RBR and some Two Brothers pipes. He was kind enough to answer questions for me. Also, call Rapidbike US  or Email them if you have questions. Yaman is super helpful and more than happy to answer questions.

So, about your current fuel mileage, I have questions.

First, you have Cozye's map, but did you dyno it or just install the map?  I'm assuming just the map.

Second, have you run it without the PCIII and if so what kind of mileage were you getting?

Third, are you getting any codes when you do a self diagnostic check?

I ask this because I was struggling to get 30 and found a MAP sensor error that I just corrected. If you're going into some sort of safe mode from a sensor error it'll run rich (to prevent detonation from over-lean conditions) and the PCIII is nothing but an alteration to the existing map. If the existing map is already way rich, it'll just adjust to be smoother but rich, and you'll get crap mileage.

Anyway, I suggest you at least check to make sure you're not throwing codes as a starting point.

And, with the Rapidbike racing you can have an optimal map for most power and one that runs a little leaner in the cruise if you want better mileage for touring or something, so mileage shouldn't be too much of a worry.

• Member Contributer

I'm with Moose here.

You need to know what the base was before you strart adding stuff.

If in doubt, (and it sounds like you are) disconnect everything and start from scratch.

If not you're just chasing your tail.