Winter glove recommendations

AJS

I'm looking for recommendations for colder weather gloves. Specifically, what works well at highway speeds at sub 45˚F? Coming from a BMW RT, I'm missing the wind protection and the heated grips. Thanks. 

• Member Contributer

I installed the Heat Demon after-market heated grips on my 6th gen:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AWRCJO

These are very similar to the Symtec product. It looks like they are less than $50.

This solution commits you to an install that you may not want to hassle with, but I think it might provide a superior experience at less cost than yukon-grade gloves.

• Member Contributer

Check out Klim PowerXross gloves. They are more like a snowmobile glove with leather palms (for better protection). Not sure if it is a full-on motorcycle glove, apply common sense here. Aslo, as RobF stated, heated grips are an easy add-on. also.

• Member Contributer

I have been using Five WFX series of gloves for winter duty for about 5 years. They have been performing very well for me without using heated grips for my winter commuting down to -10C

Personally, it's always the top of the hand and especially fingers that suffer so heated grips never really did much for me.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dustin said:

I have been using Five WFX series of gloves for winter duty for about 5 years. They have been performing very well for me without using heated grips for my winter commuting down to -10C

Personally, it's always the top of the hand and especially fingers that suffer so heated grips never really did much for me.

I feel the same, it's the top of my hand and fingers that feel the cold first. Thanks for the all the recommendations.

The Helds came early fit and finish are top notch as expected. Inside there is no looseness to the finger like in other winter gloves I've had so very easy to put on I think even when inserting a wet hand. You can still flex your fingers and properly grip the bar much better all winter gloves before. Should be well into the 40's when I head out on Saturdays ride I'll have a good idea how warm they are then. 

I bought a pair of the Five WFX Tech gloves. They seem to be well made. Now It's not cold enough here to be able to give a report. I'll post something when I can give a good review.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good ride yesterday. Thermometer read as low as 45ºF. After about 2 hours my hands were cold, but not that debilitating can't take you mind off it cold. They did a good job of stopping the wind. Overall, I'm happy with the gloves. They are a little bulky, but not so much that you can't feel the controls.

Archived