Ugly downpipes, Footpegs and Centre stand.

brockfan05

LOVE this bike but boy are the downpipes, centre stand and foot pegs UGLY.

I'm thinking of just taking the headers off and using a satin black exhaust paint to tidy them up a little but I feel that will only take a year or 2 to wear away and will continually need re doing. Either that or get them ceramic coated but not sure of the cost of that at my local yet.

Foot pegs I will eventually get powder coated to match the rear pegs and wheels so that's not so much of an issue really but still crappy to look at in the mean time.

As for the centre stand. Well I don't really want to remove it. Its handy to have. Maybe just a can of satin black will help tidy it up a little?
Although I have a single swing arm stand as well and I only really use the centre stand at home for chain cleaning so I might be better off shaving some weight and tidying the underneath up a little by removing the centre stand and just using my single side stand instead.

Second photo attached as I cant walk away on a negative note regarding this awesome bike LOL

Cheers guys.

20181109_163834.jpg

IMG_20181109_172437_959.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nothing a good clean, degrease and rattle can black HT can't fix.... :tongue:

1 hour ago, vfrcapn said:

Do you know the paint code for that red?

Sorry mate its a custom paint job so no colour code as such. Essentially its the Mazda Soul Red colour all the new Mazda's a running around in but with more Fleck in it than the Mazda.

Looks even better in person. The camera does not catch the fleck very well.

7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Nothing a good clean, degrease and rattle can black HT can't fix.... :tongue:

I'm thinking this will be the easiest and cheapest way.

Unfortunately I don't get to put many km's on the bike so a descent exhaust paint should hopefully last quite some time.

• Member Contributer

Man! That is one beautiful machine. So shiny! I thing it looks fabulous as it is. I agree with Sweeper.You obviously have great taste in mc's.

Be proud and ride it. Long and safe.

6 hours ago, Sweeper said:

The bike looks so good who would even notice that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When not being ridden, the bike sits in my game room. So it gets looked at a lot hence I seem to notice the little things haha.

Its annoying sometimes but being fussy means I ride a good clean bike haha.

1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

Man! That is one beautiful machine. So shiny! I thing it looks fabulous as it is. I agree with Sweeper.You obviously have great taste in mc's.

Be proud and ride it. Long and safe.

Cheers mate.

I love this thing but as above.

I have too much time to look at it when not riding it so I notice these things haha.

• Member Contributer

IMG_4318.thumb.JPG.5d772c9734411f66ca0e8cbe897f4d32.JPGpaint and wrap down pipes with TI wrap, remove heat sheild. Center stand can be used with allen wrenches when needed, use black lug nuts, replace foot pegs with cbr 600, replace the 4lb rear rotor with 2lb galfer

\

IMG_1706.JPG

• Member Contributer

Delkevik headers are not well designed, my butt dyno tells me I've lost top end but gained bottom, but they do look good when you're exposing everything.

Still in two minds about losing center stand. Will I or won't I?

DSCF3720 (2).JPG

I did a trackday on thursday. My footpegs dont scrape any more, rearsets are awesome. I did manage to scrape my fireblade side stand. Not sure how i can make that higher.

Take it off after the ohlins goes in.

36 minutes ago, VFROZ said:

Delkevik headers are not well designed, my butt dyno tells me I've lost top end but gained bottom, but they do look good when you're exposing everything.

Still in two minds about losing center stand. Will I or won't I?

DSCF3720 (2).JPG

I cannot deny they look the goods but yeah definitely not 100% on the performance to $$$ value there.
Bike looks good mate. Should do a VFR Syd meet up sometime soon I think.

• Member Contributer

I've tried to organize a ride a couple of times here with no luck.

Most of the OZVFR.COM club went to BMW's, and the site was left to decompose.

I'm happy to join anyone for a good ride.

I do three or four long rides a year with my mates, the rest is day escapes.

Archived