Exhaust Slip on for 1999

Headhunter

• Member Contributer

I put a Black Widow high mount on my bike and think it is a nice can for the money. They have a lot of styles/options/sizes also. 

https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/silencer-kits-625-c.asp

Pick high or low mount and do some window shopping. If you click on one, you'll see that they include a pic of it mounted also, which is helpful. 

Here's mine:

20180826_154054.jpg?dl=0

• Member Contributer

I think that is the most options for exhaust styles/ finishes that I have ever seen from one company for Honda VFRs. 

Just noticed that they have Superhawk, VTEC VFR and Hawk GT exhaust options also.  Thanks for mentioning these guys adkfinn!

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, adkfinn said:

I put a Black Widow high mount on my bike and think it is a nice can for the money. They have a lot of styles/options/sizes also. 

https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/silencer-kits-625-c.asp

Pick high or low mount and do some window shopping. If you click on one, you'll see that they include a pic of it mounted also, which is helpful. 

Here's mine:

20180826_154054.jpg?dl=0

How's it sound? Is it super loud? Have you tried it with and without the db killer? Edit: Is this the 350mm or the 360mm?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
49 minutes ago, Brown81 said:

How's it sound? Is it super loud? Have you tried it with and without the db killer? Edit: Is this the 350mm or the 360mm?

Thanks!

It is 350mm and I run it with the db killer in. I had a TBR can prior to this one so my frame of reference is limited, I've never heard stock can in person. That said, I also prefer my bikes to be a reasonable volume, can't stand screaming eagle pipes on Hardleys, and am aggravated by the 4500rpm drone of the Supertrapp on my CB750F. This Black Widow can 'has some bark' as one of my riding buddies puts it, but I don't find it to be too loud, nor does it drone noticeably anywhere in the rpm range. I think it sounds pretty good, and it is close to the same volume as the TBR can but has a different tone, a little raspier perhaps? I've never pulled the db killer and have no plans to. 

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, adkfinn said:

It is 350mm and I run it with the db killer in. I have a TBR can prior to this one so my frame of reference is limited, I've never heard stock can in person. That said, I also prefer my bikes to be a reasonable volume, can't stand screaming eagle pipes on Hardleys, and am aggravated by the 4500rpm drone of the Supertrapp on my CB750F. This Black Widow can 'has some bark' as one of my riding buddies puts it, but I don't find it to be too loud, nor does it drone noticeably anywhere in the rpm range. I think it sounds pretty good, and it is close to the same volume as the TBR can but has a different tone, a little raspier perhaps? I've never pulled the db killer and have no plans to. 

Cool. Thanks for the response. I'd like a little less weight, and a little more volume, but don't want obnoxiously loud. Just a little more than stock.

I may try this same exhaust on my gen 4.

Archived