Broken mirror

VfrJedi7

• Member Contributer

Hey fellow riders. Have any of you broken your mirror and replaced it with a bikemaster like oem mirror? I want to know if the quality and color finish is exact as oem and it folds in like oem? If I buy the Honda oem it's only the mirror backside which I only need part number 5 as pictured part 4 is extra $ . With the bikemaster it's a whole assembly with silver front lighted housing and black side mirror. I need some info before I buy either one. Thanks. 

20181030_091647.jpg

Screenshot_20181030-140118.jpg

Screenshot_20181030-140849.jpg

• Member Contributer

Curious on this as well.

I need the right side..but would consider aftermarket if there was something that suited the bike better...

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

Hi all. In my opinion do not order the bike master aftermarket. The quality is crappy. Mine came not sealed from the silver lighted part to the black mirror part. Silver color is not like oem. It's crappy looking to me honestly. Does not have the same feel as a oem. Returned the bikemaster one to  the ebay seller. I just bought the black mirror part I needed from my local dealer and used my silver lighted part which was just scratched a bit on the edge. Go with the oem if you want that Honda quality part feel and look. If you don't care about that then take a chance with the aftermarket. I would definitely go oem and call it a day since I'm doing my own labor and saving dough. Stay safe riders! 

• 2 months later...

I replaced the right side mirror with an aftermarket option on my previous bike a while ago, and the glass part turned out to show objects closer than they appear in the original mirror...which really melted my brain during the first few weeks of riding. I got used to it with time, but I regret installing it.

Archived