Does anybody currently have Bridgestone T31 on VFR

VFR80025th

if you do could you give me a quick review on performance and wear.

I currently have PR 4s and am interested in changing tires next summer to T31 or Michelin Road 5s.

Thxs in advance.

• Member Contributer

Have them on My 8th Gen as its called over the pond.  Fantastic tyres.    I don't know how they would do for you as I don't know how or where you ride.

They are way better the PR4s in my book, I cant really comment on wear as the roads I ride on are really abrasive and I spend most of the time as in 95% or more  of a commute/ ride out at NSL or above (60mph +).  On a whole I can get between 4-5k Miles out of a set of tyres,  where as others on same bike, different area get 8K+.  I live on West Coast of Scotland so it is pretty wet here  the T31s cope admirably with it.

Mate Had pr5s on during our summer tour and they were on par with same wear rate as I was getting.

These are the roads I ride on for my daily commute.  Well worth watching all the videos.

http://dontriskit.info/breathtaking-roads/coastal/

I've got at least  13000kms or 8125 miles on my current PR4s.

Granted the rear is squaring off but I still have it on the bike.

I thought the T31s would last a little longer but thxs for your review.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, VFR80025th said:

They will probably last a lot longer in areas with smooth roads. I get the mileage fink gets from T31s out of hypersport tires, even though I do a lot of two-up touring with loaded luggage. I typically see 13-15,000 km from sport touring rubber on my 6th gen. FWIW.

I'm on S21s at the moment but I think I'll go for the T31s when I'm due for a change.

Tire mileage varies a lot based on rider, climate and the roads themselves.

Last year I ran S21’s and got about 2500 miles. This year I ran T30 and got 3500 miles. My butt dyno says they are very similar but the wear on the edge of the S21’s says they were faster/grippier. I have the 31’s to mount next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, VFR80025th said:

I've got at least  13000kms or 8125 miles on my current PR4s.

Granted the rear is squaring off but I still have it on the bike.

Like I said I live and ride in areas where the roads are really abrasive, have loads of bends, changes in elevation and ride fast.  

On a whole I get between 4-5k on all types of tyres put on.  So in your area they no doubt would last longer. 

Archived