Another successful Year

VFR80025th

RWB VFR is stored and asleep for another year.

Any year is successful when you don't have an accident or drop your bike.

I still say best bike I have ever owned. I have had no issues except for coupler on the speedo.

Replaced and speedo was back in action.

Have the battery on trickle but I think I might be buy a new one over the winter.

When I bought it pre owner said it was 2 years old I've had it for 2 years I figure why tax electrical system with a weakening battery

even though it pumps out 12.65 V at rest. Why take a chance so I will start the year with a new Yuasa and probably new Pilot Road 5s or

Bridegstone T31.

Currently have PR 4s that have been great. rear tire is getting squared offf so I'm not getting the true handling feel that the VFR delivers.

Front looks good but I replace in pairs.

Have a  good winter and for those still lucky to be riding ride safe.

I want to thank everyone and anyone who chimed in when I posted or asked questions.

Thxs

I'm about to put mine down for the winter as well..

So far I'm liking the VFR.. only had her a month or two but we connect more each ride.

My front PR4 is scalloped something fierce so it's about time for some new shoes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, dgordon said:

VFR's are indeed keepers.  Every year the new bikes come out, and,, meh?  I'm good.  🙂 

I feel the same - I like to check out the new bikes every year but there’s nothing that offers the “total package” IMO like my VFR.

OP, I feel awful for you guys up north having to put away your bikes - down here it’s finally starting to cool off a bit leaving us with gorgeous bike/vert weather - we just celebrated Biketoberfest at Daytona Beach last weekend and I’m already looking forward to riding my VFR to work a couple days next week with highs in the low 80’s.  The other days I’ll take my vert which was made in Oshawa just down the road from you in Toronto so I’d like to thank you Canadians for making such an enjoyable car!

Since you mentioned getting a new battery over the winter you may be interested in my lithium battery thread (see link below).   If you can get past all the Gator hater posts 😀 there are some informative videos on page 3 about lithium batteries.  Have a great off-season!

• Member Contributer

Hope it won't be a long winter for you guys back east! Out here on the rainy west coast, my VFR stays active all year. If I'm lucky, we'll have a mild winter and I won't have to skip a day.

Still going in Alberta. We had two feet of snow early in October and I thought that would be the end of the riding season. Now we have had a couple weeks of really mild weather and possibly one more. I'll keep going until probably last week of October maybe more if I'm lucky. In 2016, I had the longest riding year and was able to go until the second week of December. It's an El Nino year this year so maybe I'll get lucky again. Fingers crossed....

When you're considering replacing your battery you might want to think about the lithium batteries - long life, less weight, better cold starts and roughly the same price. Worked really well on my VFR.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, superfunkomatic said:

Still going in Alberta. We had two feet of snow early in October and I thought that would be the end of the riding season. Now we have had a couple weeks of really mild weather and possibly one more. I'll keep going until probably last week of October maybe more if I'm lucky. In 2016, I had the longest riding year and was able to go until the second week of December. It's an El Nino year this year so maybe I'll get lucky again. Fingers crossed....

When you're considering replacing your battery you might want to think about the lithium batteries - long life, less weight, better cold starts and roughly the same price. Worked really well on my VFR.

I check the weather page every day in my local newspaper. I've noticed your temps are quite a bit warmer than here in Minneapolis. I've been jealous, believe me. So pass your weather along to us, if you please.  

Wish I had a good year like you. Only got one good trip in!

Protip- don’t do lithium batteries. Just eat a little less over winter. Lithium has its own host of problems and can’t be bump started or brought back from the dead like traditional batteries. Lithium also has this weird warm up time issue where if you press the starter and nothing happens, you have to wait 30 seconds and try again.  

I use my bikes too far from home so I’ll stick to traditional batteries. 

Hopefully 2019 works out better than 2018. 

Archived