I strayed, but I'm Back...

Airfiddler

• Member Contributer

I traded my faithful 2002 VFR and a Vespa 250 GTS for a Honda NC750S back in 2015.  The NC is a great bike in many ways, more comfortable around the city than the VFR  because of it's standard riding position, and abundant torque. The NC is also lighter and more frugal in the fuel consumption department. I recorded 80 miles per imperial gallon average on several highway trips the last few years. The engine is smooth and almost vibration free. All the reviews like to label it a "commuter bike"  I disagree. After 19000 Km and lots of highway trips. Despite it's many good features, there was just something missing for me. When on the road I would see other VFR's and I would get a feeling of "God, that's a great bike "...... pangs of regret would set in. Fast foreword to October 2018. So I'm at the Honda dealer getting some oil for the NC for a winter storage oil change and what do I see for sale......... A 2002 VFR  in that beautiful "Arrest me Red"!! this one is in amazing condition, not a scratch to be found, never been dropped, the peg feelers are not even scuffed. 31000 Km on the clock, that's 2000 Km per year throughout it's life AND it has ABS and is bone stock except for Heli risers. The deal was done. I'm sure the significant other won't mind.😎   I have owned 18 motorcycles and The VFR is by far my favorite. I am currently going through my new baby with a fine tooth comb, checking everything, making sure it's right. The recalls have been preformed. The electrical connections are in excellent condition, Fresh Oil, Coolant, Tires, cleaned &  lubed the turn signal switch and levers. Next will be an upgrade to the Rectifier/Regulator for long term reliability and peace of mind. This site is a great source of information on maintenance and repairs. I look foreword to spending many happy hours wrenching on my bike and checking this site for information and guidance. Great bike, and great community.

Archived