Another Epic Ride...Kind of

• Member Contributer

Who remembers Viethorse and his epic trip to the USA from Vietnam? Believe it or not it has been five years since this Saturday night by the fire. 

Well, this time America goes to Vietnam to share some ride experience courtesy of Viethorse. I am headed to Hanoi and points north for some

photo ops with our Vietnamese correspondent. Stay tuned for some epic photoes from the other side of the world. Anyone have a message for

Viethorse?

Sat._Night_Live_.thumb.JPG.174989429e667c0f583a1ae05af00256.JPG

DSC02921.thumb.JPG.e22f3f9bbf7825c191fb8a3cc4934aef.JPG

Gettin' the party started

Friday_Dinner.thumb.JPG.e6fbed9d39b018355d6cddad8f951805.JPG

Sat._Night_Live_.thumb.JPG.174989429e667c0f583a1ae05af00256.JPG

Hosts_and_Guest.JPG

I had the great pleasure of hosting Anik Mankar when he visited the USA from Mumbai, India.   I was able to arrange a group ride, with him on my VFR and me on a Ninja I borrowed from my boss.   That visit formed a friendship that endures to this day. 

I am envious of your opportunity to visit your friend at his home.  

VFRD -- making the World a smaller place.

DSCN0164.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It is coming together nicely. Trung  has set up a three day ride for us from Hanoi to the Northeast. I am stoked.

Getting my camera ready.   How's this for an envy booster.  Business class on Singapore from JFK to SGN. Business

on Korean Air from Hanoi thru Soul to Atlanta with a ride in between. And it is all with reward points. OH the joys of retirement.!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, my iron horse brothers, my trip to Vietnam was killed at the starting gate. I contracted a urinary tract infection (enough of you on this site know that experience) so there will be no ride report. I have only postponed the trip but I don't know when I will be able to make it. I don't know which hurts worse, not going to Vietnam or pissing- its pissing hands down.

Archived