cheap ebay camera

anth85

They say buy cheap buy twice, well in this case that looks to be sound advice. I bought this camera off ebay for £36.69
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113248673676
It appealed because I liked how discreetly it could be fitted. I didn't like the idea of a big camera stuck to the side of my helmet, or sticking up from the handlebars, go pro style.
So I fitted it yesterday and this is how it looks
front
FBCC67AF-CBC3-4971-AF94-FDC410D577AC_zps
rear
C95421A7-214D-44FC-9BB6-4869CF49B789_zps

To be fair I did miss read the listing, i thought it was 1080p front rear, and it is only after going back to it that it is 1080p front and 480p rear.
But as you can see from this recording of my commute this morning the quality is woeful
https://youtu.be/EBD0y4rLixc
that is the higher quality front, the rear is worse.

The files I pulled off were only 720p even though I checked it was set to 1080p so I don't know if it is actually capable of it. But even so at 720p you should be able to read vehicles registration plates, that's kind of the whole point.

So can anyone suggest a similar style camera that does front and rear but actually functions as a decent camera?

Edit, i'm fine with two separate cameras. Maybe two like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTOR-BIKE-MOTOR-CYCLE-ACTION-HELMET-SPORTS-CAMERA-CAM-FULL-HD-1080P/263729722826?epid=1541879425&hash=item3d678435ca:g:tp8AAOSwJota~z6R:rk:4:pf:0

My concern with them is keeping the power connector waterproof and the auto on/off on start/stop.

• Member Contributer

There is a company called Innovv that makes really good cameras and camera sets. I found them through another site gearbest.com and bought my first set of cameras through them. The current set I have on my 5 Gen I bought directly through Innovv as gearbest.com didn’t carry the latest version I own.

When I get to my desktop computer I’ll see if I can look up some videos I made using the different cameras, the initial set and the current set.

In the meantime, check out the gearbest website as they have a ton of options and they’re all in one place to browse through.

1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

There is a company called Innovv that makes really good cameras and camera sets. I found them through another site gearbest.com and bought my first set of cameras through them. The current set I have on my 5 Gen I bought directly through Innovv as gearbest.com didn’t carry the latest version I own.

When I get to my desktop computer I’ll see if I can look up some videos I made using the different cameras, the initial set and the current set.

In the meantime, check out the gearbest website as they have a ton of options and they’re all in one place to browse through.

I've wanted something like this for years and this is just in time for my Christmas wish list. 

1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

There is a company called Innovv that makes really good cameras and camera sets.

yea I've seen some reviews of their stuff on youtube, but at $228 or $338 they are quite a step up in price. I basically want film quality for about £40 😁

Duc2v4 I just went to the Innovv site and noticed they recently released the second version of there 2 camera system for motorcycles the K2 and it looks like they fixed all the shortcomings of the previous system. I may have to make an order.  

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, anth85 said:

yea I've seen some reviews of their stuff on youtube, but at $228 or $338 they are quite a step up in price. I basically want film quality for about £40 😁

Then go and check out www.gearbest.com I think you might find something there.

Archived