Aftermarket radiator experiences

whiteknuckles

• Member Contributer

Needing to replace a few parts on my lady after an accident.  Looks like a new left OEM radiator is about $300+, whereas after market run $200.  Anyone have positive experiences with an aftermarket radiator?

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Skids said:

No thought of getting a used OEM from a breaker?

Considered it, but my current radiator is only SLIGHTLY banged up, hardly noticeable, and that's enough for the fan to no longer spin. So I'd be concerned that another used one would just be more of the same.

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, whiteknuckles said:

Considered it, but my current radiator is only SLIGHTLY banged up, hardly noticeable, and that's enough for the fan to no longer spin. So I'd be concerned that another used one would just be more of the same.

Mylers:  https://www.motorcycleradiators.com/products/radiator-repair?variant=14396181507

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 10:16 AM, whiteknuckles said:

Check that your fan mount isn't bent. My fan was grinding against the radiator after my last crash. Bending the fan mount a bit gave the fan enough clearance to spin freely again.

• Member Contributer
On 11/2/2018 at 2:19 PM, sudo said:

Check that your fan mount isn't bent. My fan was grinding against the radiator after my last crash. Bending the fan mount a bit gave the fan enough clearance to spin freely again.

I did just that.  After a little gentle encouragement, it seems to be ok.  Wont really know for sure until I get her all back together, but all seems well. 

Archived