Jump to content
blalor

site ssl cert expired at Oct 11 12:00:00 2018 GMT

Recommended Posts

The SSL certificate for this site has expired:

openssl s_client -connect www.vfrdiscussion.com:443 -showcerts < /dev/null 2> /dev/null | openssl x509 -text -noout
Certificate:
    Data:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number:
            06:ac:a9:40:8e:8f:ee:d9:7c:40:1f:cd:17:ae:e6:65
    Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: C=US, O=DigiCert Inc, OU=www.digicert.com, CN=Encryption Everywhere DV TLS CA - G1
        Validity
            Not Before: Mar  1 00:00:00 2018 GMT
            Not After : Oct 11 12:00:00 2018 GMT
        Subject: CN=www.vfrdiscussion.com
…
        X509v3 extensions:
            X509v3 Authority Key Identifier: 
                keyid:55:74:4F:B2:72:4F:F5:60:BA:50:D1:D7:E6:51:5C:9A:01:87:1A:D7

            X509v3 Subject Key Identifier: 
                5B:89:9D:7B:ED:49:B4:AB:39:F1:88:43:95:65:A3:12:FC:F0:6B:C0
            X509v3 Subject Alternative Name: 
                DNS:www.vfrdiscussion.com, DNS:vfrdiscussion.com
…

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, i also got the message today on it being an unsecured site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"unsecured access"

 

It is not that I have not done this before. I did -and do- enjoy the ride regardless, but protected somehow feels better..... Safer....  :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I no longer get the error, but I see very few "new posts".  Has forum activity dropped off due to the issue with the certificate?

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. What they say. I didn't login during security warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JZH said:

I no longer get the error, but I see very few "new posts".  Has forum activity dropped off due to the issue with the certificate?

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

 

Daily usage seems normal to me. Number of logged in, etc. We can only debate oil, chinese levers, and unleashing factory power so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No debate.

Rotella is for trucks.

Chinese levers seem to be fine. 

And the holy trinity of new owner mods (PAIR, flapper, and snorkel) are just placebo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VARIABLE9 said:

No debate.

Rotella is for trucks.

Chinese levers seem to be fine. 

And the holy trinity of new owner mods (PAIR, flapper, and snorkel) are just placebo. 

:potstirrer1::potstirrer1::potstirrer1:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Chinese levers for  ~ $37. Much better than just fine. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there may be additional issues relating to the SSL cert swap-out (or some other issue unrelated, but seems to have started at the same time) On Facebook, there is a number of people who can not access the site. I count 3 6 people so far.

One is getting this, even on his daughters phone that has never visited the site.

HpiV85e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thtanner said:

I think there may be additional issues relating to the SSL cert swap-out (or some other issue unrelated, but seems to have started at the same time) On Facebook, there is a number of people who can not access the site. I count 3 people so far.

One is getting this, even on his daughters phone that has never visited the site.

HpiV85e.jpg

I get the same error on my computer, but not my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots more people reporting the same thing on Facebook. Some can't access it from their work, but can at home. Some just can't get to it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More users have continued to report issues with getting to the site on Facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda interesting.... With Chrome on my desktop, no problem. Then I try on Foxfire and its no go, says site is having problems. Android tablet, the site is no go with Chrome and has to open with Foxfire. But then the phone not a problem, Chrome only.. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a bad skin, removed it and seems to be fixed in terms of the 500 server errors. I will try to reupload my skin with the newest version. I am just using the standard invisionboard theme/skin now. I thought it was a the tap a talk module I upgraded to last week, I removed that as well and it did not fix the problem, so I uploaded a new one there too. Tap a talk is working now at least on my phone it is.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HispanicSlammer said:

I had a bad skin, removed it and seems to be fixed in terms of the 500 server errors. I will try to reupload my skin with the newest version. I am just using the standard invisionboard theme/skin now. I thought it was a the tap a talk module I upgraded to last week, I removed that as well and it did not fix the problem, so I uploaded a new one there too. Tap a talk is working now at least on my phone it is.

 

Thank you 🙂 Roy over on FB also reports success!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You HS, I am again able to log on with my computer.

 

As Ali G would say.

 

"Respect".

 

:^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, thtanner said:

I think there may be additional issues relating to the SSL cert swap-out (or some other issue unrelated, but seems to have started at the same time) On Facebook, there is a number of people who can not access the site. I count 3 6 people so far.

One is getting this, even on his daughters phone that has never visited the site.

HpiV85e.jpg

Was getting the same on my phone until today - SORTED! 

 

Thanks HS. Was starting to stray towards the darker side of the internet until you fixed this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.