Folding mirrors for a 6th Gen.

Karbunkle

• Member Contributer

A friend of mine has a 2002 GSX750F which has mirrors that can fold in against the fairing. My current situation has means that moving the bike between the house and the fence which means I need to undo the hex screws on the mirrors so it fits past then tighten again before riding and would like to eliminate this small task.

Any know suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I have a 2007 and my mirrors fold up. Looking at the fiche it fits 2002-2009, and seems to be the same as I have. Do you (or I?) have non OEM mirrors fitted?

e.g. Honda MIRROR, R. BACK Part # 88110-MCW-D01

• Member Contributer

I think there is a nylon bushing in the 6th gen that allows you to tighten the mirror arm just enough to hold it in place.  You can then move the mirrors in and out without the need for tools.  I too have to fold in my mirrors if I want to get the bike through the gate into the back yard.  Hard cases have to come off for sure.  But I can move my mirrors in and out at will and they don't flop aroujnd when riding or vibrate into the world of blur.

You should be able to tighten the hex nuts enough that they hold, yet are loose enough that you can fold the mirrors in and out by hand.  Trial and error on the tension I guess.

Archived