Potential Purchase of 2007 (dropped)

kst

Thinking about buying a 2007 Anniversary edition with around 6K miles.  It has been dropped (while stationary) and the telltale bent clutch lever and minor fairing damage is there.  I heard it start cold and test rode it and everything seems fine but I thought I smelled coolant during stops on the test ride.  Can drops on the 6th gen damage the radiators?  I'm not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined so I wouldn't mind working on it or would a drop like that be a deal-breaker?

• Member Contributer

The fairings do a great job protecting the radiators. If you don't see a bunch of bent fins, and she isn't leaking, you're probably good there.

It's not deal breaking but, you should make sure it's a good deal overall (i.e. cheaper than non dropped examples.) Don't get attached if they want too much!

Inspect for any leaks or drops regarding what you smell. It's a warm bike so sometimes I can smell it on hot days from the overflow bottle.

If it was left side, make sure the fan isn’t rubbing on the back of the radiator. It can show up months after a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input, all.  I'm leaning towards adopting her; I've always been a fan of the VFR and it seems like they last a long time with TLC.

Archived