Change in direction on my 93 VFR750 project.

• Member Contributer

Questions:

Has anyone ever done a Coil on plug setup on a 3rd gen?  I can't seem to find any such project online.

Also, what is the good and reasonably priced headlight and dashboard solution for a streetfighter?

I see some Yamaha MT03 headlight and bracket kits selling in the neighborhood of $300, but wanted cheaper.

As some of you know I had started and mostly completed a 3rd gen restoration project.  The original intent was to have a ridable stock looking 3rd gen with a USD front end.  Just because I could and just because I like the way a 3rd gen looks in white.

Now, a couple of years later and with the bike 99% completed, my son has come of age (yeah, it may have been just a touch more than a couple of years) and wants to ride.  

So, I wo'n let him ride the nice white 3rd gen, because those white ferings are too beautiful and too fragile to chance it on a new rider.

So, I am going to sell the plastics (because I can't seem to spell Ferrings correctly) and turn the bike into a street fighter.

One of the things I want to do is to install a coil on plug setup in order to avoid having too many wires and stock 30 year old coils.

Dude, bring your son up to my shop for a visit. Have a look around and get some ideas, I can answer a lot of questions for you.  I have a bunch of headlights and gauges on hand you can look at. 

You can check out how all those outlets in the back room turned out too 😉

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

Dude, bring your son up to my shop for a visit. Have a look around and get some ideas, I can answer a lot of questions for you.  I have a bunch of headlights and gauges on hand you can look at. 

You can check out how all those outlets in the back room turned out too 😉

THIS is a great idea. I will make plans to do just that. 👍

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, JZH said:

Some info in this thread: 

Yep. Saw that. Thanks for the pointer. Believe it or not it is pretty much the only thing I could find online on VFR COPs. Except for the 1000R on the other forum. 

Archived