Replacement fork tubes

Lightduty

Hello all,

I believe I’m in the market for replacement fork tubes for my 2003.

I’ve looked on eBay and really don’t want to chance the used crashed market. I’ve see the Chinese knock offs and was wondering if anyone has had any insight to this option.

My forks were unfortunately not cared for from the previous owner and are pitting and continue to rip oil seals. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.

I am also from Canada if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Race Tech do TNK-branded ones at a mere US$191 each. I'm with Eggs on Leggs, though, if your stanctions are straight it has to be more cost effective to have them re-plated than replace them outright.

I have a 91 3rd gen that i acquired with bent tubes. I went with "forks by frank".

There has been pro/con regarding them, and apparently there was a period after Frank passed away that things were sketchy. I talked to new manager/owner got a good feel and ordeded. Turn around may have been 2 weeks. Cost was around $300 usd.

Was very pleased with custom craftsmanship. They use a thicker wall tube. This caused a bit of an issue with racetech springs. I dressed down the OD  to achieve clearance.

I had a thread a while back? Have some photos as well. 

20161108_125058.jpg

Race Tech do TNK-branded ones at a mere US$191 each. I'm with Eggs on Leggs, though, if your stanctions are straight it has to be more cost effective to have them re-plated than replace them outright.

Yes they are straight, previous owner didn’t store the bike properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

You'd think...but probably not.  Forks are one of the components that Honda don't seem to use on multiple models.  If they did, the part numbers would be the same, so it would be easy to check this online at Ron Ayers or CMS (I haven't, however).

Ciao,

JZH

Archived