2019 VFRD Memorial Spring Ride

FREE BEER!

The turbo beer wagon won't be back but the beer will still be there. Registration for the event gets you FREE BEER (post ride) everyday.

This concludes today's plug for the Spring Memorial Ride.

IMG_3857.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Looks like a good crowd is gathering.

I'm in.

+1

P.S.

Where are the donkeys?

• Member Contributer

Registered. See you all there. However, I will not be arriving until Saturday, May 4 @ 5:00 PM. (just in time for dinner). I plan on leaving Tuesday, May 7). 

If anyone wants to share a room on these days, please call me. Text or phone call works best.

Thanks,

Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill

859-466-2174

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, MisterBill said:

Registered, but beware, the girl I talked with knew absolutely nothing about this event. 

Sometimes the weekend shift are not up to speed.

• Member Contributer

Is anyone looking for a roommate from Thursday to Sat night? Please let me know. You can reach my cell at 270-282-3734

• Member Contributer

Nope, working that week.  Might ride over there.the weekend of the 17th as a loner if the weather forecast is dry.  I love the area and it's been too long.  BTW, it ALWAYS rains during TMAC.    

Well just because Bent's out doesn't mean that you can't come have a great time. Ben has kept the registration open until the 7th for all of you procrastinators.

Sorry to hear that you won't be coming Jim, its been a long time. It's still a great group, just a little older.

• Member Contributer
52 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

Well just because Bent's out doesn't mean that you can't come have a great time. Ben has kept the registration open until the 7th for all of you procrastinators.

Sorry to hear that you won't be coming Jim, its been a long time. It's still a great group, just a little older.

Thanks Sweeper.  You caused me to look at my calendar again and there are some things that just can't be moved.  I considered selling my VFR due to back issues that have been ongoing but I rode a little yesterday and I can deal with it now I think.  I might try to make it over there later in May or June.  I used to go alone a few times a year.  No doubt it's a great group.  It has for sure been too long.  I'm not older at all....maybe a little wiser and slower.....:wub: :wheel:  

I feel your pain. I have been dealing with what I thought was a tailbone issue but now thinking hip bones. I hurt really bad after riding more than an hour or two. Sitting anywhere is a problem. I have cycling shorts to try and an air hawk seat if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Try staying very hydrated (you will stop for breaks more often ; ), and that helps with joint pain for me.    

I go to my doctor next week for another back check up.  One thing they have drilled into me is to not have back surgery.  It is the last resort they say.  I've had a somewhat bulging disc (even last time we rode together) but other things are going on.  Building up core muscle has helped a lot in riding and everything else.  

• Member Contributer

I have a lot of skeletal pain from arthritis and lumbar disks and get great relief from coffee. It does require extra hydration which means more bathroom stops. But that's Life In The Old Lane. (sigh)

• Member Contributer
On 4/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, MaxSwell said:

I have a lot of skeletal pain from arthritis and lumbar disks and get great relief from coffee. It does require extra hydration which means more bathroom stops. But that's Life In The Old Lane. (sigh)

How well I know Maxswell.  I rode 200 miles in the twisties yesterday.  Because the weather was perfect, everyone and their pet dog was out including in the middle of nowhere which is where I like to ride.  Because people were everywhere on the roads it was not fun, much more tiring dealing with people that like to speed up when I come up behind them (the definition of stupidity), I was worn out when I got home and am now, the next day.  It kills me how some Harley dudes speed up when I come up behind them, over-riding their abilities.  I just stayed behind one on a very twisty road and let him enjoy himself.  Could have passed but just let him "enjoy" his stupidity and obvious discomfort.  I'll never understand why people speed up when a motorcycle that can pass them anytime they want comes up behind them.  I just let them go until they get tired of over-driving their vehicle and skills, then pass.  A VFR in third gear will go pass anything on four wheels.    

• Member Contributer

Two more are registered, representing the Peachtree City contingent!

• Member Contributer

Hi guys,

Just got home from Clayton. I found the greatest little restaurant with a motorcycle theme! The Rusty Cycle. Food is wonderful and prices reasonable.

Thought y'all might like to check it out.

• Member Contributer
On 4/16/2019 at 1:22 PM, Blesk said:

Hi guys

Just got home from Clayton. I found the greatest little restaurant with a motorcycle theme! The Rusty Cycle. Food is wonderful and prices reasonable.

Thought y'all might like to check it out.

Might want to ride Warwoman road out of Clayton then circle back for food.  the east end of it is fun.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/26/2019 at 5:16 PM, Sweeper said:

Heading out in the morning!emoji322.png

Wish I could make it that week.  IF I recall correctly, the smallish "Alabama Gang" used to ride to Franklin.  It's a little painful now...for me anyway.

Wish I could make it that week.  IF I recall correctly, the smallish "Alabama Gang" used to ride to Franklin.  It's a little painful now...for me anyway.

I had two bikes on the trailer this trip. I usually have one. Say the word and I’ll take the heat for trailering.

Archived