Need more comfort. Handle bar risers? Different bars? Feels like I am putting too much weight on my arms.

supervetteracer

Switched from a Ninja 1000 to my 12 VFR1200f.  The honda is not very comfortable.  What do you suggest I do?  Risers?  New bars?  What is cheapest and what is best?  Looking for products and or links.

21 minutes ago, thtanner said:

I suggest situps and using your legs and core to keep weight off your arms. 

LOL...  Love it.  Yeah, I have lot's of core strength.  And this makes bike number 127 for me.  5'10 250 51.  These bars are freaking uncomfortable as they are.  What options are working for the rest of you?

• Member Contributer
54 minutes ago, supervetteracer said:

Switched from a Ninja 1000 to my 12 VFR1200f.  The honda is not very comfortable.  What do you suggest I do?  Risers?  New bars?  What is cheapest and what is best?  Looking for products and or links.

I think risers are your only option.  HeliBars makes some. 

https://www.helibars.com/products/HeliBars®-handlebar-risers-for-Honda-VFR1200F-{47}-VFR1200R/482.html

6 hours ago, SlickWeevil said:

Um, did you just say that this is your 127th bike?!

May be more like 129..  What can I say?  I'm a toy fanatic.  I usually have 5-6 at a time. Current stable:

1974 Harley Davidson Rapido- 2- stroke Harley that was made in Italy.

2006 Kawasaki KDX 200- Last 2 smoker made, and Great bike

2012 Yamaha Stryker- A chopper made by the Japanese.- Nice fit and ride.

2012 Honda VFR1200F- Fast bike, looks great, not very comfortable to ride. (currently)

20180913_170324.jpg

Without the resources of 129 bikes, I make do with Helibars, the easiest to install and less costly improvement over the stock ones, but several other types, some requiring new longer cables and hoses would probably be better suited.   My “gold” standard was my ‘76 GL-1000 w/ a Vetter Windjamer.

While I don't have issues with stocker bars I'd say heli bars are your best bet here.  They're adjustable in a few different ways and I can bet you'll find something suitable when using them. 

On another note this guy has had 129 bikes and his vfr12 has what I think is a Delk pipe on it.  🙂

2 hours ago, andy said:

Without the resources of 129 bikes, I make do with Helibars, the easiest to install and less costly improvement over the stock ones, but several other types, some requiring new longer cables and hoses would probably be better suited.   My “gold” standard was my ‘76 GL-1000 w/ a Vetter Windjamer.

Thanks, that is pretty much what I need to hear.  Sounds like the helibars may be the way to go. 

BTW: I don't own 129 bikes.  I've owned 129 bikes over the past 41 years of riding. lol  

On another note this guy has had 129 bikes and his vfr12 has what I think is a Delk pipe on it.  🙂

I've been trying to figure out which pipe it was since the day i bought it.  No names or marketing.  I checked their web site and I think that you are correct.  Mine has the baffles removed.  It's not too loud.

• Member Contributer

Ya try out the Heli bars. We have both a regular stock 2010 VFR1200 setup (the one I ride) and a 2012 with Heli bars (the one my wife rides). To each their own. We have been across the country many times on the bikes and I have had no issues with handlebar comfort but my wife found stock quite uncomfortable so we installed the Heli bars. When we have switched bikes each finds the other not to their liking. Neither of us find the bikes uncomfortable with the setup we have and are close to 100,000 km ridden on the bikes. Hope your handlebar adjustment does the trick.

Dare to be different...I tried the Helibars and found that they didn't raise and pull back enough for me, so I added the LSL handlebar conversion kit sold by Spiegler.  No new cables, hoses, or wiring needed and provided just a bit more comfort for me...

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

help bars and sent my  seat to sargent

still like to get off the bike when the gas is gone

not the most comfortable..but then i took a cbr1000rr for a dig. The vfr felt like a huge leather couch

Archived