Bein dropped in US

vfrcapn

• Member Contributer

So DirecTV and Comcast dropped Bein sports in the US, taking MotoGP and MotoAmerica with it 2/3 through the season. Any word on another outlet in the US or are we just stuck with streaming online?

• Member Contributer

Ironically I have BeIN sports channel but hardly ever watch it. I mostly stream my racing. Yes, I have to pay for subscriptions to MotoGP and WSBK but not for Moto America, as they post their races on their website and you can watch for free. I believe it was when MotoGP was on the Speed channel and it was interrupted for NASCAR updates, not a race, not an even but just an update! I was livid and it was at that point I went to the MotoGP website and subscribed.

I’m not one for wasting money (yeah right, you have three motorcycles) but I will spend money if I feel it’s worth it. Because I often travel, I can sometimes find myself in a hotel during a race weekend and since most hotels have somewhat decent Wi-Fi, I will typically bring my iPad and stream the race live or sometime later in the day, depending on time zone. You also get access to years of previous races and other little tidbits and info so I’m happy with my subscriptions but would have to say, it does suck if you HAVE to pay in order to watch certain programs but if you chose to, then that’s a different story. Not interested in many other sports so not sure what else BeIN shows that would have my interest but hopefully you can find whatever programming you’re looking for on some other outlet.

Good luck.

When they dropped BeIN, I dropped DirecTV and went with Dish Network.  I had been with DirecTV for almost 10 years, and they gave us no notification, no "please bear with us, and have a month of free HBO", nothing.  I just happened to notice that BeIN wasn't listed on my guide anymore.  I called to cancel the next morning.  I had a Dish Network pay-as-you go account in my RV, so now I have them at the house too.

Archived