Touring windscreen

jstehman

So my VFR came with a windscreen that has Honda logo right in the center screened part and Honda molded into the side by the pillar where the screws go so I'm guessing it's OEM of some sort..

But it has the adjustable lip on the top like the MRA Vario windscreen.

Were there options from Honda to have this adjustable screen?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Someone could have fitted a Vario blade to an OEM screen...which is an interesting idea, now that I think about it!

[Edit: Yes, in fact, MRA sells the Vario thing separately.  About £70 on eBay UK.]

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

I tested 2 sizes of these additions on my 4th gen to no avail.   And it does nothing to improve the looks either...

OTOH, my brother is very happy with the one he fitted on his ST1100...

Someone could have fitted a Vario blade to an OEM screen...which is an interesting idea, now that I think about it!

[Edit: Yes, in fact, MRA sells the Vario thing separately.  About £70 on eBay UK.]

Ciao,

JZH
It looks like this is what they did. It works well.. good upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I have it in the most angled upward position.

Around town I can usually cruise around with my visor open. Anything over 50mph and I need to have it down.

Highway/interstate isn't that great though. I still need to crouch a little to get rid of some wind noise but it's relatively quiet in the cockpit.

I am 6' tall if that helps

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I think that's a laminar lip on your bike. I fitted one to my 03 VTEC and liked it. I think the MRA  Vario would be the answer. I had an MRA fitted to my NC750S. Very high quality. Made in Germany.

• Member Contributer

That is definitely the MRA add on spoiler, on a stock honda windscreen. I found that spoiler setup useless for me.  MRA quality is outstanding.  But I finally found a zero gravity touring and it is by far the best functional setup.  Not the absolute highest quality but best for airflow by a mile.  6'2.  ymmv. 

Dave

Archived