Wrap or Paint?

Marsman99

• Member Contributer

I picked up some near pristine OEM fairings recently for next to nothing, and thought about using them to change the color of my bike.  The paint is flawless on the fairings, and matches my bike's OEM color.  I'm reluctant to sand and paint them should I need one, and have been looking into vinyl wrap (which allegedly can be removed) as an alternate.  I've done all the on-line research but thought I'd confer with the VFRD SME's before I go any further.

Anyone wrap their bike?  How's it hold up?

There is now spray on vinyl wrap. I can’t remember the name but they claim it can be wet sanded and polished. Comes in metallics also. Comes in spray cans or by the quart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

You can also look into Plasti-dip. Spray it on and peel it off.

Duc2V4,

I looked at PlastiDip and saw that some folks struggled with removal, even when applied thick enough.  Scared me, don't want to end up there.

2 hours ago, Sweeper said:

The stuff I was looking at was called SuperWrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweeper,

Perhaps this spray on vinyl may be the ticket.  I'll look into it.  Thanks.

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, Marsman99 said:

Duc2V4,

I looked at PlastiDip and saw that some folks struggled with removal, even when applied thick enough.  Scared me, don't want to end up there.

Sweeper,

Perhaps this spray on vinyl may be the ticket.  I'll look into it.  Thanks.

The goal to removal is making sure its 100% super clean prior to application. Smoother the surface, easier the peel. 

Archived