Gen 6 Rothmans build

DJonesATX

Aftermarket fairings. Pain in he ass to fit but turning out well. The "Tank cover" is a joke as expected but after hours of fitting and grinding looks ok. I plan on painting the actual tank this winter to match as it has a few dings anyway. I bought them from Sportfairings on Ebay. A few pits but overall not bad. Any of the Honda, Elf, etc. graphics I had to add myself due to copyright and then I coated the pieces with Spray max 2K clear (awesome stuff and fuel proof). The side fairings aren't bolted on yet still need a bit of fitting to match. If you are looking into buying aftermarket fairings just know if you don't have your originals you are going to be having to buy a lot of the Hondacentric bushings, clips, etc. as the aftermarket pieces are missing several of them. They are available through many European sights but expect to do some detective work. I'll post more pictures once I'm finished and the rain has stopped and I can take her out.

IMG_20180912_033442.jpg

• Member Contributer

Plus, of course, the added bonus of advertising cigarettes when this is strictly verboten if done by the manufacturers or retailers!

For the full anti-social effect, though, it really should be a two-stroke:

119448775_NSR250RSPMC21Rothmans1.jpg.50c1ef76da21fe6e87eab32cfbbe006f.jpg

or

1818271363_NSR250MC28RothmansDogFight1.jpg.8120c393863d87c6125e3e33f7376a84.jpg

Ciao,

JZH

Ahh you forget the Smokin' Joe's Camel CBR F3 of the late 90's. I know today it is completely Verboten to have cigarette logos on your production bikes though. I have a feeling the ban started after the Joe's bikes were produced. I picked the Rothmans colors since it was the racing hay day for the V4 (be it the smaller displacement 2 strokes). I definitely can't fit the bill for one of the modern $180,000 V4 race bikes (that and they don't promote super cool cigarettes). Just trying to have a bit of fun with the old mid life crisis.

• Member Contributer

I haven't forgotten, but a bog-standard CBR600F3 in yellow and purple doesn't really float my boat!  The Rothmans is definitely the best factory race replica paint scheme (IMHO), so you have chosen well.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived