Missing toolkit

jstehman

• Member Contributer

I don't see the extension handle for the chain adjuster.  You don't really need it for that purpose but the two together also function as the support when raising the tank - IIRC there's a diagram of that in the FSM.

• Member Contributer

Yes - the smaller one is the shock spanner.  I don't have that as mine has ABS.  But I do have the handle for chain spanner (the larger one). 

Is your '07 Candy Red or RWB?  If you haven't, check out the poll for the favorite 6th gen color and send us a pic of your new ride when you can.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

I found a list for the 89010 MCW D00 tool kit, shows it fits 172 different VFR models from 2002-2009. (This is the one I purchased.). However, no 2007’s. Interesting. 

The only tool kit (as a complete set) I could find listed for a 2007 was for a RC46-160 (F35) Japan model. That part number is 89010 MCW D10.  Cursory search shows that part number is Unavailable. 

They both have 15 pieces and seem to be identical to me. 

All that said, the one in my thread seems to be close enough and included all but the extension handle. 

• Member Contributer
54 minutes ago, VARIABLE9 said:

I found a list for the 89010 MCW D00 tool kit, shows it fits 172 different VFR models from 2002-2009. (This is the one I purchased.). However, no 2007’s. Interesting. 

The only tool kit (as a complete set) I could find listed for a 2007 was for a RC46-160 (F35) Japan model. That part number is 89010 MCW D10.  Cursory search shows that part number is Unavailable. 

They both have 15 pieces and seem to be identical to me. 

All that said, the one in my thread seems to be close enough and included all but the extension handle. 

Appears to be a superseded part # that they went back on, for whatever reason. D00 would indicate Version 1 and D10 would indicate Version 2. must not have been a necessary change. I can't imagine anything is specific to the 07. Weird one, Honda.

• Member Contributer

Here's the photo from the FSM mentioned earlier.  Even though this is shown as the way to support the tank, in the garage I use an old piece of 1x2 I have laying around - works just as well.  Out on the road would be a different matter - but what am I going to get under the tank for while out riding?  So I don't worry too much about it.  The other thing it could be useful for is the shock spanner - maybe it needs more leverage.  I have ABS so mine did not even include the shock tool. That too is less likely to need attention after leaving home,  so all in all the absence of the extension handle probably isn't too big a deal. 

image.png.b68a5870dd406a763669c8b12408dc0f.png

Ironically I ordered a toolkit years ago and it’s still sitting in a box in the garage.   I used the shock adjustment tool to max the preload and put it away, chain adj tool is under the seat.    I need to open the thing up and see what other tools are in there lol.    

A few years ago I bought a Stockton M/C tool kit from Cyclegear that is massive and has literally everything you could want, fuses, wire, tape, zip ties, huge variety of decent tools.  IIRC it was on sale for less than half what I paid for the Honda tool kit.  

• Member Contributer

The lugnut wrench and handle extension are actually "in" the pouch, so I guess that is why they aren't in that set? At least on my 5th Gen they are outside the pouch.

As a side note, I just discovered how much I dislike the word "pouch."

Archived