PC5 Autotune tweaking

despicabledan

Heyo,

Just wanted to update people with my pc5 tweaks for any of you that may have pc5 w/ autotune on your bike.

I went with the supplied A/F settings from Dynojet when I started using this, below you will see that they had programmed it to run quite rich, especially in the 2% throttle range, which seems very odd to me.

I put in my own settings, which is basically exactly what I did on my vtwin cruiser, and after riding around for 100 miles or so I can definitely tell a difference in fuel consumption, along with low rpm smoothness. For instance taking off from a light was sort of boggy with the other map, where the new one is smoother with the leaner 13.7 setpoint.

supplied AF settings.GIF

lean it out settings.GIF

• Member Contributer

I've never played with the maps on my PC3 (bought the bike with it and it runs fairly well as is, so I haven't played with it), so I'm throwing out speculation here...

I can't help wondering if you couldn't get away with even leaner settings at the left side of the map. If you're only using 2% throttle, you obviously aren't putting much of a load on the engine...  I would think the idea is to come up with a map that gives you good power when you roll into it, but sips daintily at your fuel supply when you're cruising. Switching back and forth between different maps sounds clever, but I think in the real world I would probably forget it is there and just wind up running with it in "power" mode all the time. I don't know about you, but I tend to twist that round thingy with my right hand when I want more power!

• 2 months later...

I tried the auto tune but didn't really have much luck with it. I ended up just installing an innovate wideband on the bike and just tuned off that. The bike finally runs the way it should. No surging and smooth as butter and gets about 48mpg.

• 3 months later...

I have the PCV  + Autotune ready to install. Dynojet currently advocates using both stock o2 sensors in addition to welding in a bung for their wide band sensor. Has anyone run with just one stock sensor, one eliminator in the 2nd stock connector, and the Dynojet wide band sensor in the 2nd stock hole and wired to the Autotune?

I'd like to not have to remove the header to have a new bung welded in place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

No answers for you, but I'm curious, where did that info come from? The info I have found on their website is pretty anemic. It seems like having both sets of o2 sensor active would just force the two computers to constantly fight each other's corrections.

Archived