• Pearl Sunbeam White '06
    • Pearl Cosmic Black '06
    • Candy Glory Red '07
    • Red / White / Blue '07
    • Sword Silver '08
    • Graphite Black '09
    • Black / White (Oreo) - various years?

• Member Contributer

If you're an owner, chime in if you voted for the one you have.  I didn't forget all the friends in the UK, Australia, Canada and other countries - however  I do not have data on colors that were available there and elsewhere and over what years,  so they were not included.  The Black / White was not sold in the US but seems to show up frequently so that was added.   Cheers

• Member Contributer

I've owned 2 Italian Red, but love the white.  Cars, trucks, snowmobiles, motorcycles, they all look great in white IMO.

I love the 2009 white and black but when it comes to VFRs or motorcycles in general the RWB 25th which I own gathers so much attention when I ride

it's not funny.

My ridng buddy who rides a nice red and black 2016 cbr 600RR said on Saturday to me: "Everywhere we stop everyone loves your VFR" LOL

I do have a soft spot for the force silver with black wheels.

Just my 2 cents.

Ride Safe

25th_VFR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Team VFR, red is the traditional colour, and thus like it. Silver of all shades is  brilliantly classy on our bikes.  I hate saying classy as if you have to call that out then it's not. 🙂  But it is!  The RWB to me are Freddie Spencer HRC US colours.  I have to also add the 8 spoke wheel and wheels in white make it the bomb.  My vote, overall then is the 25th anniversary  RWB.   My .02c. 

• Member Contributer

Man! Cogswell. That is one tough question. While I am firmly in the Fifth Gen Fanatic Club, in The Fastest Color SubClub, the Oreo scheme really rings my bell. Loudly. There is no doubt the RWB is a classic. But I consider myself a Modern Man and the white/black combo is Modern Art. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Man! Cogswell. That is one tough question. While I am firmly in the Fifth Gen Fanatic Club, in The Fastest Color SubClub, the Oreo scheme really rings my bell. Loudly. There is no doubt the RWB is a classic. But I consider myself a Modern Man and the white/black combo is Modern Art. 

Hopefully that will make it an interesting poll.  I did not vote for the one I own and am frankly somewhat surprised that it got any at all!  If money were no object I would add 2 6th gens - a Candy Red & RWB.  But, the realities of life and finance preclude such a thing.  The long run of the 6th gen gave us a lot of color possibilities - it will be fun to see what members like best. 

• Member Contributer

I'll admit my vote for Pearl White was colored (no pun intended) by the fact that it is the one I own... The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the dead bugs show like no other!

• Member Contributer
On 9/4/2018 at 10:04 AM, VFR80025th said:

when it comes to VFRs or motorcycles in general the RWB 25th which I own gathers so much attention when I ride

it's not funny.

And your RWB would look even better with a 3rd Gen 8-spoke rear wheel - in white, of course.

• Member Contributer

True, I am no impartial, but I think the VTec G6 looks best in the Panda scheme. Bonus points with an 8-spoke wheel.

VFR800_BeaconHill.jpg

• Member Contributer

I had a Harley guy with an ‘81 Shovelhead approach me yesterday and tell me the color of my VFR (Candy Glory Red) was absolutely beautiful. He then wanted to learn more about ‘sport touring’.  

It was a great days ride, if not somewhat hot.  

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Lorne said:

True, I am no impartial, but I think the VTec G6 looks best in the Panda scheme. Bonus points with an 8-spoke wheel.

VFR800_BeaconHill.jpg

This is definitely my biggest bell ringer; I should know, it's been rung a lot - 😞 . Esp with the old white rear. I'll be voting for it every hour. :pinocchio:

• Member Contributer

MaxSwell, I also have to say the 5th gens are just awesome.  Wish I still had mine.  It was silver btw.  And gorgeous.  If I hadn't sold it, it would still be my bike today.  Got the 6th gen as I'm a VFR addict.  And I can't be helped.  And don't want to be.  One of life's pleasures, truly. 

• Member Contributer

Not sure where I found this photo - or indeed, the owner - but it is definitely a horse of a different colour. When it comes to custom graphics this one follows the adage 'Go big or go home'

6 rvfr_015.jpg

• Member Contributer

MaxSwell & dgordon - glad you like the black/white scheme. I have to admit that my favourite VFR was my yellow '99 G5, with my '09 a close 2nd.

Loved the candy glory red when I first saw it up close back in 2009 when Honda was blowing out the ‘07s.    Had to have it.    Don’t have any epic pics of mine , just some side of the road shots.   All hail a reminder of the glory that is candy red.   

post-17486-0-90992700-1421982840.jpgIMG_0261.thumb.JPG.6791c5e5f8d8c1e58e1c7fb9be96a558.JPGIMG_0264.thumb.JPG.8ed2d13d9932fed4bc3421f3424b6667.JPG

Archived