2015 VFR1200FF engine vibration 4-5k

n13ldo

Hi Guys/Girls,

So I'm a VFR nut. Started off on a VFR750F back in 1989 and have had 1 or 2 of every generation since. Currently own a VFR800Fi1 (see below - rear wheel from a 1994 VFR750)

Recently I bought a 12k mile, 2015 non-DCT VFR1200F (still in Honda warranty with full service history). As title says, there is definite not normal engine vibration most noticeable (stationary) at 4-5k rpm. Took it to my favourite Honda dealer, they had it for a week and said everything is normal 'these bikes are a bit vibey' they said.

I read a post on here about vibration and possible routes to go down are:

- Clean the o2 sensors (I've bought a working used set and plan on giving them an ultrasonic bath)

- Cleaning the fuel injectors.

What's the recommend method of cleaning the fuel injectors?

Thanks for reading !

20180415_095926s.jpg

20180807_120857s.jpg

Just read a write up on the new Indian V-twin that says it has rear cylinder deactivation “like the VFR-1200F.”  The article points out that this feature prevents heat build up and may contribute to better fuel mileage.  I don’t know if my ‘12 VFR12 has this feature, but could this be contributing to your vibration?  Others have mention heat at the right foot.  I’ve not experienced either the heat nor the vibration, but  if my bike that’s this feature, it’s probably not working because I average about 39 mpg.

I had what felt like some extra engine vibration after my 28K mile service which was noticeable at idle on my 2012 VFR 1200.  I took it back to the shop and they found an exhaust leak in a gasket right after the header pipe.  They said it was a "small" leak.  After they replaced the gasket, the bike was running like silk again. 🙂

• Member Contributer

Even though an 90º V4 sports perfect primary and second balances they
still vibrate to some degree and the one thing to eliminate if you
feel more vibrations is a loose exhaust system because it will amplify
any of those vibrations to an annoying level... tap the pipes with the
palm of your hand to test if any bolts points or connections are
loose... also check the foot pegs bolts and anything bolted to the
foot pegs...

Archived